Child Bone Wobble

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

3deeguy

Child Bone Wobble

Post by 3deeguy »

I thought I'd found a method of keeping track of the 'Z' axis with bones. I wanted to keep the rotation of the three child bones completely independent of their parents...stay completely vertical.
(I don't have a URL for my screenshot that shows the bone setup)
Does MOHO 13.5 have child bones that are completely independent from parent-bone rotation...will child bones remain at a constant angle?
Cheers, Larry
Greenlaw

Re: Child Bone Wobble

Post by Greenlaw »

3deeguy wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:31 pm Does MOHO 13.5 have child bones that are completely independent from parent-bone rotation...will child bones remain at a constant angle?
Hi,

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Is Independent Angle not doing what you need?

Alternatively, you can use Angle Control Bone or Target bone to maintain independent orientation of a child bone.

These features already exist in 12.5, but they're in 13.5 as well.
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Greenlaw wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:12 pm
3deeguy wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:31 pm Does MOHO 13.5 have child bones that are completely independent from parent-bone rotation...will child bones remain at a constant angle?
Hi,

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Is Independent Angle not doing what you need?

Alternatively, you can use Angle Control Bone or Target bone to maintain independent orientation of a child bone.

These features already exist in 12.5, but they're in 13.5 as well.
That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. :) I have 9.5. which means I 'have' to upgrade. (I have some catching up to do!)
Cheers, Larry
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Ah, cool! Yeah, Moho has come a long way since 9.5.

I use Independent Angle routinely for foot bones along with Target Bones...this combo makes animating walks, dances, etc., so much easier.

I just wish Independent Angle was keyframeable, then it would be perfect! :)
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Greenlaw wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:38 pm Ah, cool! Yeah, Moho has come a long way since 9.5.

I use Independent Angle routinely for foot bones along with Target Bones...this combo makes animating walks, dances, etc., so much easier.
I downloaded the trial version yesterday, which is enough to learn the new features, but I disregarded the 64-bit requirement. The installation failed. I had installed a 32-bit version of Windows10 not realizing I have a 64-bit processor. I am a seriously flawed person! :? I am going to try to install the 64-bit version of Windows hoping I don't screw things up.
Cheers, Larry
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, no! I hope you can do this easily.

If your hardware supports 64 bit, upgrading from 32 bit Windows to 64 bit Windows is supposed to be free. It might require a clean install though, which could be a pain, as you'll need to be sure to deactivate all your software and make sure you have installers to re-install everything. (Sigh! I've gone through that many times myself.)

Take this info with a grain of salt though; I haven't had to upgrade Windows in a long time, and my information could be very out-of-date.

That said, once you get through it, and have everything set up again, it should be worth it.

Good luck!
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Greenlaw, thanks for your help. After a long day of working at it, I successfully installed 'Windows10 64-bit' and the 'MOHO Pro 13.5' trial demo. It took me a while before I realized that a "clean install" meant reformatting my hard drive. Ouch! Wiping my hard drive was like diving into icy water. The loss of the '32-bit' features I've grown accustomed to has been painful :( but...I'll recover.
I still think I've discovered a method of animating 'turns' and 'tilts' that don't look like melting, elastic plastic.
If it works I'll gladly share my methods with any who are interested. At the moment I'm still trying to figure out how to set things up. I don't want to try to explain what I'm doing until I see the result.
Cheers, Larry