Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ruscular3d

Re: Moho 13.5 is here!

Post by ruscular3d »

It is optimize for bigger thread/core rendering of today's CPU
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

ruscular3d wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:54 pm It is optimize for bigger thread/core rendering of today's CPU
YES!!!
yotsuba

Post by yotsuba »

How the update process works? I used the "check for updates" function but it said I was up to date(13.0.2). Do I need to download the installer? What about licensing, do I need to buy the upgrade?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

yotsuba wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:55 pm How the update process works? I used the "check for updates" function but it said I was up to date. Do I need to download the installer? What about licensing, do I need to buy the upgrade?
Yeah, you can't update 13.0 to 13.5 from within the app. You'll need to download and install 13.5 yourself. But after that, I'm told Lost Marble will have its own update servers to work in-app.
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

Just downloaded the windows version and tried to run the exe. and got this message "Microsoft Defender SmartScreen (never seen this window before) prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk." I have Norton as well and the file was deemed safe after downloading it
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

SuperSGL wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:00 pm Just downloaded the windows version and tried to run the exe. and got this message "Microsoft Defender SmartScreen (never seen this window before) prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk." I have Norton as well and the file was deemed safe after downloading it
MS Defender just doesn't have enough info on the new program yet. It's safe to install, as all the beta testers have been using it for months.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yes, it's safe...been using it for several weeks with no virus issues. Even better, it proven more stable than 13.0 was. :)
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

I wasn't questioning the safety, I trust my Norton more than Microsoft. But it's not giving me the option of Ignoring and installing anyway. I'll have to google how to by-pass this. Looking forward to using this new update!!
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

That was easy right click on the file and check unblock
Norman McLaren

My Animations
yotsuba

Post by yotsuba »

Greenlaw wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:28 pm Yes, it's safe...been using it for several weeks with no virus issues. Even better, it proven more stable than 13.0 was. :)
That's what I wanted to hear. Today I was editing a rig and messed up some smartbones and corrections, the program crashed and I lost all my work (yeah, I got into the flow and forgot to save a new version every 5 minutes). Even the autosave could not retireve what I've done.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

If this was a Windows popup you saw, there's usually a text link in the bottom left. I don't remember what it says but clicking it opens another window that allows you to install the program anyway. (I don't know why MS doesn't make this button more obvious.)

FWIW, I often see this popup window with installers for brand new programs. If I trust the developer, I just click the link and proceed.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Congratulations! It looks great! :D
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

I like the new logo BTW! It just looks animated! (bouncing ball always does) :)
Norman McLaren

My Animations
negroclarito

Post by negroclarito »

So long time waiting for moho updates. I'm so happy to know now it's in the best hands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG__9Z ... yXv9nTX7Dw
Last edited by negroclarito on Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichardC

Post by RichardC »

Great news about the release of 13.5, but am I right in thinking that it won't run on 64 bit Win 7?