Moho 13.5 is here!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ruscular3d

Re: Moho 13.5 is here!

Post by ruscular3d »

The latest Adobe creative cloud wont run on window 8. I am finding that more new programs wont run on anything but the latest version of the OS. So I end up upgrading all of my computer to window 10.
I saw an ad for windows 10 on my facebook ads for $34 and did that and its been great. I was highly suspected to be a scam, but proven to be legit. But I also found that running on the latest version of window actually made everything run faster.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

RichardC wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:45 pm Great news about the release of 13.5, but am I right in thinking that it won't run on 64 bit Win 7?
No, Windows 10 only.
Shanty Baba

Post by Shanty Baba »

Delighted for the new owners of Moho!
Delighted for users of animation software!
Delighted for the supporters of this forum community!
Cheers
Shanty
jpos

Post by jpos »

Wow!I've updated it now. It also works on MacOS Big Sur. Thank you.
gilcartunista

Post by gilcartunista »

Continuem com o excelente trabalho pessoal!
gilcartunista

Post by gilcartunista »

gilcartunista

Post by gilcartunista »

Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Just an FYI: even though the free upgrade to Windows 10 officially ended some time ago, I've read that some users were still able to upgrade long after. A Google search should turn up information about this. Might be worth a try.

One of my old computers was upgraded from Windows 7 to run with the free Window 10, and this worked fine for several years. The only issue I had was when I made a major hardware upgrade to the computer, and MS then refused to recognize it as the same computer. TBH, I wasn't surprised by this, and I wound up purchasing a new license for that computer. After that, further hardware changes I made to the computer were accepted fine, probably because the licensing scheme with a new purchased license is tied to my MS account instead of the serial number sticker that came with the old system.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

synthsin75 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:11 pm
SuperSGL wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:00 pm Just downloaded the windows version and tried to run the exe. and got this message "Microsoft Defender SmartScreen (never seen this window before) prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk." I have Norton as well and the file was deemed safe after downloading it
MS Defender just doesn't have enough info on the new program yet. It's safe to install, as all the beta testers have been using it for months.
There are suggestions online that this Windows Defender alert (which I also got), can be avoided if the publisher uses an Extended Validation Code Signing Certificate (instead of a Standard one).

I also thought it slightly odd that the publisher was Michael Clifton rather than Lost Marble. Maybe they need to update that.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Greenlaw wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:11 pm Just an FYI: even though the free upgrade to Windows 10 officially ended some time ago, I've read that some users were still able to upgrade long after. A Google search should turn up information about this. Might be worth a try.
Yeah, I upgraded from Windows 8.1 for free just a few months ago. No idea if that works for Windows 7.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

SimplSam wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:37 pm There are suggestions online that this Windows Defender alert (which I also got), can be avoided if the publisher uses an Extended Validation Code Signing Certificate (instead of a Standard one).
Might have been more expensive for the new company trying to get out a free update.
RichardC

Post by RichardC »

Thanks for all the advice. Looks like I'll have to seek out and install Win 10; can't miss the new 13.5 update.
pihms

Post by pihms »

The new updates, packaging, testimonials, all provide an inspiring piece of software. I just downloaded the update and look forward to trying it out. The Vitruvian bones, quad meshes, and wind dynamics really make it look powerful.

Kudos to those that designed the website, first impressions sell. I'm sure it will, but I'm hoping to see this reviewed in all of the animation websites and magazines (are there anymore paper magazines left?).

Thank you Mike, Victor, and team for taking this on and all of your hard work!
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

synthsin75 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:43 pm Might have been more expensive for the new company trying to get out a free update.
Maybe. But I think the annual EV cert price is close to that of a single Moho Pro license, and LM could potentially loose multiple sales from anyone who is tempted to trial the software, but bumps into this security warning.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
arglborps

Post by arglborps »

Fantastic!

I expected a pure maintenance release and you guys pack in a few new game-changing features!
I felt bad downloading this .5 update for free, considering the effort that must've gone into it.

GPU acceleration kinda works (I guess it's exactly the same as in 12.5 not the botched 13 one), but that also means that often masks look super weird when GPU acceleration is on (that's on macOS 11 BTW), which is the way it was in 12.5. I hope version 14 will support Metal 2 also for rendering – that would be my only wish.
Kilian Muster
Designer (day job), Animator/Creator (in the after hours)
PiXELBLAST Phungus & Mowld Production BlogYouTube Channel