Moho 13.5 is here!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

gjordan

Re: Moho 13.5 is here!

Post by gjordan »

Hey Victor, se ve excelente y bueno hubo que quitar el bitmap y el 3d pero lo nuevo se ve prometedor, ¡los felicito!.
Punto aparte, se que aun es reciente y apenas van a comenzar a recibir ingresos, pero a futuro seria bueno actualizar los manuales, más que nada los personajes y los elemplos que aunque funcionan se ven vintage.
Tambien algunas imagenes en el nuevo manual que no se porque se ven en tan baja calildad que se ven distorcionadas y no se entiende nada.
Por ejemplo, la documentación de el nuevo sistema de huesos las imagenes no se entienden.
Bueno que todo les salga excelente, saludos!
My Youtube Channel / Animaciones y tutoriales
https://www.youtube.com/c/JordansDen
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mohocharacteranimators/ Moho Animators Facebook(English)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mohoproesp/ Moho Pro Facebook(Español)
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

gjordan wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:38 am ...
Tambien algunas imagenes en el nuevo manual que no se porque se ven en tan baja calildad que se ven distorcionadas y no se entiende nada.
Por ejemplo, la documentación de el nuevo sistema de huesos las imagenes no se entienden.

**Google Translate**
Also some images in the new manual that I do not know why they are seen in such low quality that they are distorted and nothing is understood.
For example, the documentation of the new bone system the images are not understood.
Sadly I have to agree. I went to the manual to learn about Vitruvian Bones and Quad Meshes and some of the images are frustratingly low quality and illegible.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
negroclarito

Post by negroclarito »

CONGRATULATIONS!!.

Finally MOHO has the website that deserves. Now MOHO looks like a professional program. :D :D

Everything seems more fluent. Amazing job with this new update.
Easedale

Post by Easedale »

Haven’t upgraded yet, not at home.
Probably a stupid question but is upgrading from 13 to 13.5 just a case of downloading, installing and using my current serial number to activate?
I.e. Are current serial numbers valid and recognised?

Couldn’t find info on the new Moho website on upgrade paths.
Sketch_Turner

Post by Sketch_Turner »

I'm happy to see Moho evolve, but sad that I won't be able to follow it along. As a guy who has witnessed two cases of catastrophic Win 10 failures firsthand (both times an update rendering the PC dead and requiring an OS reinstall) and has heard a number of disheartening anecdotes from friends ("Oh, you wanna do something productive this evening? System update, sucker!"), I'm intending to hold onto my 100% reliable, smooth-sailing-all-the-way Win 7 for as long as possible.

Honestly, I'm puzzled as to why the support for Win 7 has been deprecated, since other applications I use (Blender, to name one) keep getting faster, more powerful and more feature-rich with each new release without resorting to drastic measures like this, but then again, I'm not a software developer.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Sketch_Turner wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:07 am Honestly, I'm puzzled as to why the support for Win 7 has been deprecated, since other applications I use (Blender, to name one) keep getting faster, more powerful and more feature-rich with each new release without resorting to drastic measures like this, but then again, I'm not a software developer.
Unfortunately I think you will find that Blender 2.9.3+ has also deprecated Win 7.

Sam
Sketch_Turner

Post by Sketch_Turner »

Jesus! I jinxed myself...
Palhil

Post by Palhil »

SimplSam wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:26 am
gjordan wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:38 am ...

**Google Translate**
Also some images in the new manual that I do not know why they are seen in such low quality that they are distorted and nothing is understood.
For example, the documentation of the new bone system the images are not understood.
Sadly I have to agree. I went to the manual to learn about Vitruvian Bones and Quad Meshes and some of the images are frustratingly low quality and illegible.
Looks like the PDF was exported on low settings. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there is a way to download a better quality version from the website. I've submitted a feedback support ticket on the website to see if they can provide a higher quality version. It shouldn't be too difficult to do, but I imagine that they are quite busy dealing with all the things that happen during a new software release.
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

Looks like I'm gonna have to re-learn Moho...again!
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hello, everyone. I'm sorry for the quality of the images in the manual. We will fix this in the future.
In the meantime, you can download these higher quality versions:

Moho tutorial Manual HQ
Moho Users Manual HQ

You can find the new features in the Tutorial manual:
303: VItruvian Bones
315: Wind Dynamics
319: Perspective warp and Quad warp
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Palhil wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:50 am Looks like the PDF was exported on low settings. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there is a way to download a better quality version from the website. I've submitted a feedback support ticket on the website to see if they can provide a higher quality version. It shouldn't be too difficult to do, but I imagine that they are quite busy dealing with all the things that happen during a new software release.
Víctor Paredes wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:26 pm Hello, everyone. I'm sorry for the quality of the images in the manual. We will fix this in the future.
In the meantime, you can download these higher quality versions:
Thank you both. The quality of the docs are a million times better. Now hopefully my animation will follow suit.

Sam
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

If anyone wants to access these manuals from moho --

*** You will probably need administrator privileges to do this. ***

in C:\Program Files\Moho\Resources\Support\Common\Manuals\English (NB: this is the default location - so check where you installed moho and adjust accordingly)

rename the existing manuals to (e.g.) Moho Tutorial Manual.pdf.lo and Moho Users Manual.pdf.lo

copy the HQ files from Victor's post into the directory and rename them:

Moho Tutorial Manual.pdf
Moho Users Manual.pdf
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Sketch_Turner wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:07 am I'm happy to see Moho evolve, but sad that I won't be able to follow it along. As a guy who has witnessed two cases of catastrophic Win 10 failures firsthand (both times an update rendering the PC dead and requiring an OS reinstall) and has heard a number of disheartening anecdotes from friends ("Oh, you wanna do something productive this evening? System update, sucker!"), I'm intending to hold onto my 100% reliable, smooth-sailing-all-the-way Win 7 for as long as possible.
I was leery of Windows 10 too, especially when it was new, having heard of tons of driver incompatibilities and other problems. But having recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 (on my only computer), specifically for Moho 13.5, I can say it was worth it. I think one of the beta testers also upgraded from Windows 7.
In Windows 10, you can keep it from updating during hours when you're using your computer, so if you customize the settings, there's no surprise updates to interrupt your work. You can also keep Windows 10 from installing brand new updates, that might not be well-tested. Those settings are hard to find though, might have required some registry magic.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with it now, for whatever that's worth.
cgrotke

Post by cgrotke »

hayasidist wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:51 pm If anyone wants to access these manuals from moho --

*** You will probably need administrator privileges to do this. ***

in C:\Program Files\Moho\Resources\Support\Common\Manuals\English (NB: this is the default location - so check where you installed moho and adjust accordingly)

rename the existing manuals to (e.g.) Moho Tutorial Manual.pdf.lo and Moho Users Manual.pdf.lo

copy the HQ files from Victor's post into the directory and rename them:

Moho Tutorial Manual.pdf
Moho Users Manual.pdf
Mac folks...

1. find moho app in your applications folder

2. control click > open package contents

3. Contents>Resources>Support>Common>Manuals>English>

rename as hayasidist suggests...
Christopher Grotke
MuseArts - Web Design & Animation
www.musearts.com
JoelMayer

Post by JoelMayer »

I think in the future (priority no. 212356) it would probably be more convenient for devs and us to move the manual to a sort of Wiki-like system. Toon Boom does a very good job at that and also makes it easier to edit and add stuff :)