I'm a grumpy Lychee today !

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lychee

I'm a grumpy Lychee today !

Post by Lychee »

Sorry if I sound grumpy today, but there is something I see in this forum that I see nowhere else that is driving me crazy.
Some users here don't bother to follow simple rules, like posting there where you have to post or write in English.
I am French, I do not master English (I have very basic basics) and this forum is an English forum.
So I'm taking a long time to get my words translated so that everyone can understand me, and if necessary, I'm doing the opposite operation to understand you as well.
Likewise, if I have a bug under Moho to report, I make the effort to go to "Bug Discussions", and I don't post in "General Moho Discussion" or "How Do I ...?"
In short, I try to leave this forum organized and in the language used by the majority.
Thank you for letting me "vider mon sac", a French expression that I let you translate for revenge, hahaha! :lol:
synthsin75

Re: I'm a grumpy Lychee today !

Post by synthsin75 »

I can relate to that sometimes. On a majority English forum, I do think it is polite to at least include an English translation of your post. Even if only a machine translation. I appreciate it anyway.

But the problem of people posting in whatever topic seems to be common on many forums. Many people new to forums in general don't always know where to post.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Lychee wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:49 am ...Thank you for letting me "vider mon sac", a French expression that I let you translate for revenge, hahaha! :lol:
I haven't looked this up (too lazy), but I'm guessing "vider mon sac" is something like 'vent my spleen' or something?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

jahnocli wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:52 pm
Lychee wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:49 am ...Thank you for letting me "vider mon sac", a French expression that I let you translate for revenge, hahaha! :lol:
I haven't looked this up (too lazy), but I'm guessing "vider mon sac" is something like 'vent my spleen' or something?
That somewhat reminds me of Magritte's painting of a pipe, under which is written "Ceci n'est pas une pipe" -- of which the best English equivalent I can think of right now is a photo of Boris Johnson captioned with "this is not a BJ" -- ah the joys of colloquialisms ...
toddwaddington

Post by toddwaddington »

Oops! I am generally a stickler about these things. Yesterday I posted a questions about the future of voice/lip syncing. I didn't see that there was a Papagayo forum but to be honest, it wasn't a Papagayo specific question. I wanted to know the general work flow. Best practices. Would that be "tips and tricks"? I posted under general discussion.

Excusez-moi, s'il vous plaît !! :)

PS, I am an English speaking American. However, I recognize how ridiculously challenging our mish-mosh of a language is. Words that sound alike, spellings that are borrowed from dozens of other languages. I'll take German or Spanish any day (not fluent in either, but appreciate their consistency).
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

The joy of English is that every other word has about five meanings. That's a nightmare if you're trying to be precise (or learn the language!), but heaven for poets. I'd vote for poetry (but I'm biased).
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?