My aren't videos aren't playing sounds in 13.5

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

eric1223

My aren't videos aren't playing sounds in 13.5

Post by eric1223 »

I'm really concerned about this. Videos are a huge part of my workflow.

I make storyboards with Vegas Pro, and Clip Studio to help with timing and placements with things. I'd then cut the video up into segments by shots and do the animatics with drawing tools, lip synch (and basically everything else) in Moho. Then I'd place the results back into Vegas, and do some more sound adding and tweaking from there. The problem comes from not being able to hear the first initial sounds from timing.

So far, I've tried some mp4. files, and a .avi file, but both of those had the same result. All that played was the video.

Still trying to figure some things out.
synthsin75

Re: My aren't videos aren't playing sounds in 13.5

Post by synthsin75 »

Sadly, 13.5 no longer supports mp3, which is often the codec used in video formats. Since they decided to not even allow QuickTime Essentials for asset import, the only option is now making a separate audio file in wav or aif.
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

synthsin75 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:49 pm Sadly, 13.5 no longer supports mp3, which is often the codec used in video formats. Since they decided to not even allow QuickTime Essentials for asset import, the only option is now making a separate audio file in wav or aif.
Boy. Am I glad I waited to start on a new project until this came out. Thanks Synth.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

IMO, when animating lipsync, it's better to use an uncompressed .wav or .aif file to insure frame accuracy.
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

As SimplSam suggested in another post, you can use OGG format. Conversion possible in Audacity.
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney