Exported videos not playing!!

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

GHOSTYMPA

Exported videos not playing!!

Post by GHOSTYMPA »

When i export my video in Moho 13.5, it gives me an error that says "This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt." when I open it. It only started today and idk why it is happening
https://youtube.com/ghostympa
i make youtube videos with animations in them
synthsin75

Re: Exported videos not playing!!

Post by synthsin75 »

What video players have you tried?
GHOSTYMPA

Post by GHOSTYMPA »

synthsin75 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:42 pm What video players have you tried?
Windows TV and Movie
and media player

i tested it out and for some reason i can render it when i shorten it. i also tried shortening it by one frame but it didnt work
idk why it is happening
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Try VLC. It plays everything.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yes, VLC is good. I also like MPC-BE.

For playback of image sequences, I highly recommend DJV. It’s specifically designed for animators and vfx artists to review their rendered frames. DJV is not optimal for video files but I'll sometimes use it for a video file when I need to study it with frame-by-frame accuracy.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sat May 01, 2021 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GHOSTYMPA

Post by GHOSTYMPA »

synthsin75 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:01 pm Try VLC. It plays everything.
i tried playing it through VLC but it still gives an error
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Can you post an example Moho project file that has this issue so we can try it here? I still think there's something in the project preventing the expected render result.

FWIW, I'm not seeing this problem with my Moho video files when using either Export Animation, Moho Exporter, or Animation Preview. Using MPC-Be for playback, but VLC, QuickTime Player, and regular ol' Windows Media Player plays the files too.

Edit: Do you see this with all projects you render, or just a specific one? Does it do this this with the included content files?
distinctanimation

Post by distinctanimation »

Hello, I'm having a similar problem. Seems like if I create a new project, add a WAV file (tried 2 seconds of audio up to 2 minutes, plus OGG and AIF) if I export an animation as long as it is under 900 frames (24 fps) it works. If I change it to 901 frames or more it won't autoplay after export (and I can't open it with any application like VLC or Windows Media Player).

When I remove the audio file it will render with 901 frames, just seems like when an audio file is added I can't render over 900 frames with both MP4 and M4v.

Thanks,
Matt

UPDATE: I tried on 2 separate Windows 10 machines and have the same results.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

distinctanimation wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:42 pm Hello, I'm having a similar problem. Seems like if I create a new project, add a WAV file (tried 2 seconds of audio up to 2 minutes, plus OGG and AIF) if I export an animation as long as it is under 900 frames (24 fps) it works. If I change it to 901 frames or more it won't autoplay after export (and I can't open it with any application like VLC or Windows Media Player).

When I remove the audio file it will render with 901 frames, just seems like when an audio file is added I can't render over 900 frames with both MP4 and M4v.

Thanks,
Matt

UPDATE: I tried on 2 separate Windows 10 machines and have the same results.
Great detective work. I've verified this bug and reported it.
Thanks.
distinctanimation

Post by distinctanimation »

Great, thanks!
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

I'm currently trying out 13.5, but since export is disabled I can't check out my question, which is,
Are you saying that videos created by Export Animation with MP4 will not play in Windows Movie and TV?
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

I'm currently trying out 13.5, but since export is disabled I can't check out my question, which is,
Are you saying that videos created by Export Animation with MP4 will not play in Windows Movie and TV?
Karkass

Post by Karkass »

I try the 900 and 901 frames video. 900 and under MP4 video work perfectly, the isue is from 901 an beyond videos.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

strider2000 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:25 pm I'm currently trying out 13.5, but since export is disabled I can't check out my question, which is,
Those should play MP4 produced in Moho just fine. This is a bug about audio and more than 900 frames, which has been reported. The other issue with playback is non-English characters in the video file name, which has also been reported.
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

Cool. Thanks Wes. I continue to be excited about the future of Moho.