Creating New Image Layer for drawing but Moho is trying to Import Image

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

drumlug13

Creating New Image Layer for drawing but Moho is trying to Import Image

Post by drumlug13 »

Hi everybody, been a while since I've darkened your door but I hope you've been well

I just picked up the 13.5 upgrade. I'm trying to check out the new Raster/Bitmap drawing tools so I watched Chucky and Chad's vids. But when I click on Image Layer, I'm not getting that pop up menu that gives me the options to adjust resolution, height/width etc. I'm getting the browser window pop up asking me to Import an image... Any ideas what's going on?
Adam
synthsin75

Re: Creating New Image Layer for drawing but Moho is trying to Import Image

Post by synthsin75 »

Only 13.0 had bitmap tools. Due to the instability of 13.0, the new owner, Lost Marble (Mike Clifton), had to work from the 12.5 code. So 13.5 doesn't have bitmap tools.

If you need them, you can have both 13.0 and 13.5 installed at the same time. Then you can draw in 13.0 and import or paste layers into 13.5.
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

Ahhhh... That makes sense. I can use CSP, I was just wanting to play around with it. Thought I was going crazy.
I was extremely happy to hear that Moho is back in Mike's hands

Thanks Wes
Adam
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

You will be much happier using CSP. The 13.0 tools were missing a whole lot of very basic functionality.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi drumlug13,

Welcome back!

If you install 13.0, be aware that the Bitmap Tools in 13.0 were never completed and, IMO, there's not much point in using 13.0 only for its paint tools. Also, 13.0 had critical problems with its Smart Bones Actions system, making it unsuitable for complex rigging or animating multiple characters. Plus, any advanced character rigs you create with 13.0 are probably going to be incompatible with 13.5 (and 12.5 for that matter.) I suggest avoiding 13.0 entirely, and using Moho 13.5 with a third party paint program. (You mentioned CSP, which is good choice! Krita is another good one.)

BTW, Smart Bones Actions in Moho 13.5 work just fine, (exactly the same as 12.5.)

As for the future of Paint Tools, Mike says he may introduce a better version someday but he wants to make sure it's done right next time.