Moho 13.5 point erasing tool does not work properly

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Diana Kennedy

Moho 13.5 point erasing tool does not work properly

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Anyone lese having this issue ?
In Moho 13.5 when I try to erase one or more points of a line of points, it does indeed erase the selected point but also render invisible the rest of the contected points. as if I used the hide points tool.
The bug does not occur everytime but often enough. Its also new in this version, I did not encounter that problem in the previous versions.
synthsin75

Re: Moho 13.5 point erasing tool does not work properly

Post by synthsin75 »

If you're talking about the delete edge tool, it's the same in 12.5. It tries to "guess" at what you want to delete, but you can hold ALT to only delete the clicked line segment,
alanthebox

Post by alanthebox »

If I'm understanding Diana correctly, I believe I've experienced a similar issue in 12.5 and 13.0 (but don't recall experiencing it in 13.5 yet). Essentially, you delete a point and, for some reason, the entire stroke (or stroke + fill) are removed from the shape. It wasn't something that I was able to reproduce consistently, so, I just chalked it up as a little quirk. I would just re-fill or re-stroke my shape and continue on.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Ij fact, the stroke in my case is not removed, but becomes invisible. The points are still there.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I've never seen that. If anyone finds a shape that does, posting the file here would help us track down the cause.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Did not even realise that the Delete Edge tool had CTRL (delete points) and ALT (disable smart trim) options !!

Back to the matter at hand ... Just tested and I consistently have a problem in Moho 13.5 (not prior) with the Delete Edge tool.

Draw a Square filled or not (or multiple point line/shape), and attempt to delete any edge segment other than the first one - and both the Edge (path) & Shape are deleted. In prior versions just the Edge is deleted as expected. note: Disable Smart Trim did not make a difference.

p.s. I am not sure if you were talking about the Delete Edge tool Diana? You referenced the "point erasing tool", but I am not sure exactly which tool you were using.

Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Good catch! Can confirm it happens here in 13.5 and not in 12.5. Definitely looks like a bug to me.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Reported. Hopefully, Mike can fix this one soon.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Ah, I see. And the tool hasn't changed since 12.5, so it's definitely something under the hood.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

SimplSam wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:10 am

p.s. I am not sure if you were talking about the Delete Edge tool Diana? You referenced the "point erasing tool", but I am not sure exactly which tool you were using.

Its exactly that. Your screen record shows the problem. Only difference is that it happended when I drew feeehand a stroke, without filling. But I guess the issue is the same.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yeah, the fill doesn't matter because an open shape can't have a fill anyway. The problem is Moho 13.5 only recognizes proper edge deletion on the first segment.

(Well, it can still work 'correctly' on the whole shape but only if you delete the edges in sequence. Derp.) :D
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

Also, If you are using a wacom drawing tablet, the erase side of the pen won't erase. It will draw instead.