Behind the Scenes of an Animated Short

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mtbuck24

Behind the Scenes of an Animated Short

Post by mtbuck24 »

Hey Animators!

Just uploaded an animated short based off my buddy Scribbly _g's webcomic. Here is some behind the scenes and the Animation.

I would like to start creating more animated shorts of my friends webcomics - I told my subscribers if they would like to do a LIVE stream where I show my entire process and do a Q&A they can let me know by leaving a like on the video.

So let me know if you would like to see my process by leaving a like on the final Animated short and I will start prepping to do a live stream later this week :)

Behind the scenes 1

Behind the scenes 2

Final Animated Short
I teach moho and animation on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/@mccoy_buck
mtbuck24

Re: Behind the Scenes of an Animated Short

Post by mtbuck24 »

Hey Animators!

I will be doing a LIVE stream this week where I will show you behind the scenes of my Space Cat Animation to show you how I put the entire animation together and do a LIVE Q&A.

Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/c/mtbuck24

I don't have a solid date/time when I can do it this week - but subscribe to the channel and you will be the first to know.

I will show you how I put the entire animation together, workflow, lessons learned, and production process using
Moho - for character animation
Krita - for frame by frame animation
Audition - for sound fx/ ambience
After Effects - for compositing, 3D background, lighting
Premiere - for editing the final video
Photoshop - for space background creation

We didn't hit 100 likes on the Space Cat Animation Short on the channel.
But rather than getting bummed out about it I figured it was a lofty goal to begin with. But I guess you shoot for the stars and at least land on the moon - I didn't even land on the moon - but at least I gave it a shot 😉

I appreciate all those that left a like on the video and to those that enjoyed it and that are interested in seeing behind the scenes. This is for you.

chucky

Post by chucky »

Nice gag there McCoy, very cute.
I'd love to see a short with more that one scene, a little story perhaps.
People watch hours of mega budget, elaborate, long running content daily, and then they still say ' Meh, Fx were so fake.'
You have to get them with the story.

The last video clip I did Here in the dark, didn't even get 40 likes after a few months and I put a whole lot more effort than space cat. I'm not sure if I even give a $#!^.
Don't be disappointed.
mtbuck24

Post by mtbuck24 »

chucky wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:56 am Nice gag there McCoy, very cute.
I'd love to see a short with more that one scene, a little story perhaps.
People watch hours of mega budget, elaborate, long running content daily, and then they still say ' Meh, Fx were so fake.'
You have to get them with the story.

The last video clip I did Here in the dark, didn't even get 40 likes after a few months and I put a whole lot more effort than space cat. I'm not sure if I even give a $#!^.
Don't be disappointed.
Thanks Chucky! This animated short was based off my friends single panel comic of Space Cat. We have plans to do a lot more in the future that I'm excited about. But yeah, rather than tell a story - I didn't have too much to work with here - I figured the end goal would to make someone laugh. That's what Scribbly_G's comics do for me.

I thought that animation was pretty sweet! I liked it on YouTube probably the first week you posted it. So I can't say I'm disappointed - but I am excited to start on the next animation.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Fun short, McCoy! I'm a sucker for anything with cats in it, and I also liked hearing the backstory for the project. Thanks for sharing.

I think making project based tutorials is a good idea. Years ago, I meant to do that for Scareplane but never got around to it.

Best wishes on the tutes for your project!
mtbuck24

Post by mtbuck24 »

Greenlaw wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:42 pm Fun short, McCoy! I'm a sucker for anything with cats in it, and I also liked hearing the backstory for the project. Thanks for sharing.

I think making project based tutorials is a good idea. Years ago, I meant to do that for Scareplane but never got around to it.

Best wishes on the tutes for your project!
Thanks Greenlaw for checking it out! Yeah I'm trying to balance tutorials and animations and the little bit of spare time I have throughout the week to make them. Thank you for the kind words 😊