Be the one...

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

zoesan

Be the one...

Post by zoesan »

Short concept clip on Penguin books and reading in general. Since I've taken on the subject of Script writing, (no success to date!) been doing a lot of reading, so came up with this. Any comments welcome.

https://youtu.be/ncAzNfcvdU8
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Be the one...

Post by Víctor Paredes »

That's nice. Since I moved to Ireland, I have been reading lots of the Penguin books. I specially like the small editions. They are very cheap and give you a good sample of different short tales, poetry, essay, etc. Since English is not my first language, those editions really helped me to start enjoying reading in a different language.
The animation is nice too! I would just recommend to take a look on the feet during the first seconds, it looks like the main penguin should be higher to make the depth of the scene work.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
zoesan

Re: Be the one...

Post by zoesan »

That's nice. Since I moved to Ireland, I have been reading lots of the Penguin books. I specially like the small editions. They are very cheap and give you a good sample of different short tales, poetry, essay, etc. Since English is not my first language, those editions really helped me to start enjoying reading in a different language.
The animation is nice too! I would just recommend to take a look on the feet during the first seconds, it looks like the main penguin should be higher to make the depth of the scene work.

Thanks Victor for the comment. Your observations are correct, especially the leg movements. The short was what I think is called a 'first cut'. Also what wasn't mentioned is it's part of an actual submission to Penguin books UK. Not specifically about animation but I think the concept was worthy of their attention and seeing as you are top of your game with Moho confirms that it has some merit.
The reading of books is I believe a way to join what I believe maybe lying below the surface, when it comes to content and ideas. I've just completed a short Stage play, based on one line from a book I read. That one line alone set a whole chain of events in motion finally enabling a script to be written. It's the next stage that is always problematic...selling the idea. Just as it is with animation.