Little shapes in Moho become large in exported images

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Nimphaea

Little shapes in Moho become large in exported images

Post by Nimphaea »

Hello everybody!

I have a question about drawing in Moho...
I made a character in Moho. This character has small freckles on his cheeks, and small eyebrows. Until I export my character to png's... The small freckles become big spots... And the eyelashes and eyebrows become thick also...

What can I do about this? And why does this happen? See also my example image below... The first two images are screenshots from Moho, the third image is the final png... The final render also seems to be a little bit blurry to me... Am I correct...? Can I make the render a little bit sharper?

Thanks in advance for your help :) !!

heyvern

Post by heyvern »

It isn't blurry... it is anti-aliased.

If you want it to look like the Moho sample... don't use anti-aliasing.

This could also cause the "larger" shapes. Anti-aliasing adds pixels to the edges of high contrast colors to ease the transition... making it look smoother. This would make a small shape appear much larger or darker because of those extra pixels.

Also the rendered PNG in your sample is smaller yet than the sample from Moho. This may be exagerating the problem.

What you should do is create the elements in Moho while doing preview renders to see how it looks. Adjust the elements in Moho so the final output is correct. This is easier than getting the render to match the preview.

-Vern
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...Hmmm, only for be sure, which Moho version are you using? Are you sure it's the latest? Thanks GOD since last 5.3, Moho renders has a very high quality render :)
Nimphaea

Post by Nimphaea »

Thank you so much. I didn't have the upgrade yet, but now I have. I also edited the Moho file and the output is now better. Thanks!!!