Moho 13.5.3 is available! Update now!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

davoodice2

Re: Moho 13.5.3 is available! Update now!

Post by davoodice2 »

DK wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:16 am Please see video screen cap of the lag below.(Screencap missed the timeline but you can see me drag the cursor across screen before I move the gradient)

http://www.creativetvandmedia.com/Forum/GradLag.mp4

EDIT: The problem appears to be a conflict with a custom script I installed. All Good :)

cheers
D.K
I dont have your issues
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش
Designspaceman

Post by Designspaceman »

Very nice. Sometimes the little things matter. For me it's the free setting of the rotation center when editing points. And the adaptive display of bones. And...
Me = happy!
arglborps

Post by arglborps »

Love all the improvements for such a minor update, but please can you fix much more fundamental issues on macOS, like the viewport still scrolling in the wrong vertical and horizontal directions when using a trackpad on a MacBook (truly unnerving, no app I know of does that), and also mouse scrolling ignores the system settings for scrolling direction (default: natural, i.e. inverse to Windows behavior, but can be changed in the system settings – either way Moho ignores it and always uses the Windows default).
Kilian Muster
Designer (day job), Animator/Creator (in the after hours)
PiXELBLAST Phungus & Mowld Production BlogYouTube Channel

JoelMayer

Post by JoelMayer »

arglborps wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:40 pm Love all the improvements for such a minor update, but please can you fix much more fundamental issues on macOS, like the viewport still scrolling in the wrong vertical and horizontal directions when using a trackpad on a MacBook (truly unnerving, no app I know of does that), and also mouse scrolling ignores the system settings for scrolling direction (default: natural, i.e. inverse to Windows behavior, but can be changed in the system settings – either way Moho ignores it and always uses the Windows default).
Is the viewport performance any better now on Intel Macs?
arglborps

Post by arglborps »

Nope, no improvement, but here's my non destructive workaround to launch Moho on Monterey in low res mode and get the zippy viewport back (text in the app will get a little blurry, though).

https://twitter.com/kilianmuster/status ... bcP3njL5jQ
Kilian Muster
Designer (day job), Animator/Creator (in the after hours)
PiXELBLAST Phungus & Mowld Production BlogYouTube Channel

FloridaJo

Post by FloridaJo »

Mattyj wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:06 am Just wondering, I checked for updates this morning with my 13.5.2 version and it said I was running the most up to date version. Do we need to go through this link to update to 13.5.3?
I was confused by this as well.
But went ahead and took a gamble, deleted the 13.5.2 and installed the 13.5.3 and if found my license and that was that.

I guess the 'Check for updates' option is not working.
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

FloridaJo wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:13 am
Mattyj wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:06 am Just wondering, I checked for updates this morning with my 13.5.2 version and it said I was running the most up to date version. Do we need to go through this link to update to 13.5.3?
I was confused by this as well.
But went ahead and took a gamble, deleted the 13.5.2 and installed the 13.5.3 and if found my license and that was that.

I guess the 'Check for updates' option is not working.
I just used the update link from the email and it installed over 13.5.3 with no problems at all.
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

Some great fixes here guys. Thanks for this. In particular, the styles panel crash fix is most welcome, as is the ability to move pivot point on selected points. Well done.
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

Really like the new look and all the improvements nice job! Thank you!! So far my only issue is the scrolling the data fields (Scale and Rotation) doesn't work with mouse or pen have to type if I want exact. The position X Y work as advertised. Still cant get increments in the styles window for the Default stroke width (not sure if that was in the plan or not) Best part for me was getting the update right inside Moho, last time I had to download it and had security issues because of Norton (that was a pain) I'm on Windows 10 btw. I like the bigger handles for the scale and the ability to move the pivot point. Again great job! and Thanks!
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

SuperSGL wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:19 pm ...the scrolling the data fields (Scale and Rotation) doesn't work with mouse or pen have to type if I want exact...
Oh, you're right. Direct scrubbing with a mouse in those fields works for me for Transform Layer but not for Transform Points. But maybe this isn't a bug because it doesn't work (with Alt+RMB) in 12.5 or 13.5.2 either...but if it's not a bug, not sure what the reasoning is. Will have to inquire about that.

I don't think I noticed this in the earlier versions because normally I move and rotate points directly in the workspace with the widget, not with the data fields.
Still cant get increments in the styles window for the Default stroke width (not sure if that was in the plan or not)...
This one, on the other hand, is working as expected here. Be sure you've selected the shape with the Select Shape tool before editing in the Style window.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

Just discovered you can scale and rotate the Transform Layers text boxes will scroll just not the transform points text boxes

edit: Didn't see you already wrote that. But the stroke width will scroll from 4 to 3 but won't get 3.5 or 3.75 etc. (not a big deal you can still type those values)
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
aongus

Post by aongus »

A recording of an excellent webinar by Victor Paredes, which explains the latest improvements in the context of workflow, is now available on Lost Marble's site:
https://moho.lostmarble.com/blogs/webin ... or-paredes
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks for the link! I totally missed out on that.