13.5.2 animation not playing

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Diana Kennedy

13.5.2 animation not playing

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Hi there !

Anybody got that problem too ?
Very often in the new update, I simply can't play the animation. The cursor does not move on the timeline. Nothing is played.
Greenlaw

Re: 13.5.2 animation not playing

Post by Greenlaw »

I haven't seen that happen but the latest update is 13.5.3. You might want to try this version.
alanthebox

Post by alanthebox »

Are you having this problem on a freshly booted up Moho?

I have this issue frequently if I leave Moho open when putting my (Windows 10) computer to sleep. When I wake up my computer up and resume work in Moho, I can use all the tools and scrub the timeline, but playback will not work. Restarting Moho fixes the issue.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, that might be it.

I probably haven't seen this problem because, while I have my monitor go into Sleep mode, I never let my computer go to sleep. Putting my computer to sleep always caused problems for me; not specifically in Moho but in many programs and hardware peripherals in general...usually unresponsiveness.

When I'm going away for a while, I'll fully shut down instead. Since my OS drive is an SSD, the boot up time isn't too much slower than waking from Sleep mode.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

First: Oh Me bad : In fact its in thje newest version, 13.5.3 (so the thread title is an error)
Yes, its often after the PC being in sleep, but right now, it happens also in the freshly booted up Moho. Well, in fact what happens now is that the animation plays, but nbot the audio.
I never had this issue in any previous version.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Of course now the latest version is 13.5.4. 😸

Hmm...does this happen with only a certain file or with any file in Moho? If it's only with a certain file I would suspect that project file or an imported asset in that project.

Could possibly be the Negative Key Frame issue too, in which case try running Synthsin75's script.

If the problem happens with any file, I'm a bit stumped. This might suggest the issue is with the Moho installed on your computer or something else in your computer. Maybe the graphics driver needs to be updated?
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Its with any file. :(
And its really the first time I encounter this problem.
Oh, there's a uopdate ? I might download it. may that will fix the issue.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Hm, My Moho says "15.3.3" is the latest version available
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Did you download the installer from the website? That one should be 13.5.4...

https://moho.lostmarble.com/pages/download

More info here...

https://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35028

Let me know what happens. If it still occurs, maybe there's a bad Moho preferences or config file on your computer. We can try to fix that after you get 13.5.4 installed.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

No, indeed, I onlylooked trough Moho if there's an update available, it said no.
Thank you very much for the link.
Its curently downloading !
:D
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

If the problem still happens after you get 13.5.4 installed try the following...

https://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 48#p202648

Before you do anything, be sure to copy the folder to another location. This will be your backup in case something goes wrong. Now delete all the files inside the folders except for Moho13.lic.prefs (this is your license data.) Then launch Moho. Moho will create new files.

After doing this, you will need to reset your personal Moho preferences but hopefully the problem will be gone.

If this doesn't help, it's not necessary to copy the files back unless this 'fix' makes things worse for you.

Let me know what happens. Good luck!
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Thank you so muxh for these adivices. Right now everything woorks fine.

Only one thing - I noticed this already with the first update : When you import an image sequence , lets say at frame 16, it automaticaly puts the start of the sequence at frame 1. In the previous versions, it allways started where inserted, i.e frame 16.. Now, it isn't a big problem, since I can move the whole instance in that other tab on the timeline, but well...kinda a step backward anyway.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Diana Kennedy wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:08 am Thank you so muxh for these adivices. Right now everything woorks fine.

Only one thing - I noticed this already with the first update : When you import an image sequence , lets say at frame 16, it automaticaly puts the start of the sequence at frame 1. In the previous versions, it allways started where inserted, i.e frame 16.. Now, it isn't a big problem, since I can move the whole instance in that other tab on the timeline, but well...kinda a step backward anyway.
This is an intentional change. We are adjusting little things to make the software easier to use and understand.
Creating and importing objects outside of frame zero confused many users. They didn't know why the element wasn't visible on previous frames, why there were keyframes created (like visibility for images) and it was hard to understand how to solve it.
At the end, even when this feature was conceived to help users to quickly import and arrange layers in time, it introduced more problems than solutions and generated a lot of frustration.
Now, there's a very quick way to change the beginning of the imported video/sequence (besides using the Sequencer). Simply select the layer, go the the frame you want it to start and then click on and Animation -> Set Layer Start Time (You can also add a shortcut to that menu to make it even faster).
I hope this helps :)
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Víctor Paredes wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:16 am Now, there's a very quick way to change the beginning of the imported video/sequence (besides using the Sequencer). Simply select the layer, go the the frame you want it to start and then click on and Animation -> Set Layer Start Time...
And don't forget you also can do "Right Click + Dragging" in Timeline's rule at any time to adjust the beginning of selected layer. It's handy and I do it all the time to not have be to jumping into Sequencer, over all for little adjustments and so.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Yes! also that one :)
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel