Cloud Moho

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

PixelVector

Re: Cloud Moho

Post by PixelVector »

sang820 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 12:36 am
PixelVector wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:18 pm That's a hard no from me. If Moho ever goes cloud based I will not use Moho anymore.
:shock: Why is it difficult? Is it because of network issues? Or do you also think [Cloud] is expensive? Or what about other reasons? please tell me.
1) I do not support having to pay a monthly fee to use the software. I want to pay once and use it for as long I want to. Whether or not it's expensive, a monthly fee is always another expense. If you lose your job, or hit a financial crisis and you have to cancel, then you no longer have access to the software.
2) I do not want to rely on internet to use the software either
cgrotke

Post by cgrotke »

Maybe part of the reason some of us US users wouldn't like it is our gosh darn slow internet in this part if the world. On a good day in rural VT we get 40-50Mbps down and about 10 up. And if we have a few users on the network it slows down accordingly. Ours is cell-based, too, so if it rains, we sometimes lose internet for an hour. American exceptionalism. : )

Fiber is coming... in a few years. : )

But really, I just like owning a copy. I'm that way with music, too. I don't pay for music streaming services - I have an ever growing music library of my own copies of things. I do stream some movie channels, but I haven't thrown away any of my animation DVDs. Sometimes it rains! (see above).
Christopher Grotke
MuseArts - Web Design & Animation
www.musearts.com
sang820

Post by sang820 »

cgrotke wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:38 pm Maybe part of the reason some of us US users wouldn't like it is our gosh darn slow internet in this part if the world. On a good day in rural VT we get 40-50Mbps down and about 10 up. And if we have a few users on the network it slows down accordingly. Ours is cell-based, too, so if it rains, we sometimes lose internet for an hour. American exceptionalism. : )

Fiber is coming... in a few years. : )

But really, I just like owning a copy. I'm that way with music, too. I don't pay for music streaming services - I have an ever growing music library of my own copies of things. I do stream some movie channels, but I haven't thrown away any of my animation DVDs. Sometimes it rains! (see above).
:shock: certainty. We all love certainty. And I have to find a balance between [efficiency], [determinism], and [scalability]. (Of course I like to store movies and music on my hard drive = 3)
sang820

Post by sang820 »

PixelVector wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:31 pm
sang820 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 12:36 am
PixelVector wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:18 pm That's a hard no from me. If Moho ever goes cloud based I will not use Moho anymore.
:shock: Why is it difficult? Is it because of network issues? Or do you also think [Cloud] is expensive? Or what about other reasons? please tell me.
1) I do not support having to pay a monthly fee to use the software. I want to pay once and use it for as long I want to. Whether or not it's expensive, a monthly fee is always another expense. If you lose your job, or hit a financial crisis and you have to cancel, then you no longer have access to the software.
2) I do not want to rely on internet to use the software either
:shock: Thanks for your answer~We all like stable income, it's the same everywhere