Failed to parse JSON document

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bebemustacio

Re: Failed to parse JSON document

Post by bebemustacio »

Greenlaw wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:57 pm Hmm...this makes me wonder if this is a negative keyframe issue. Does this occur only in a certain project or projects that use the same animated assets? If so, check your project using Synthsin75's Delete Negative Keyframe script.

https://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 4&start=15

Hope this helps.
Thank you, not sure what negative keyframes are, but I will try it. It crashes with all our rigs, but they are rigged in the same way, so not sure if maybe some actions contain something that crashes Moho. One is sure, it crashes when I try to undo animation.
And that will not be a big problem if autosave works like it was before. Now I always get error ... Failed to parse JSON document

We are installing this days few new PCs, so also will check if rigs works better on new systems, with less crashes.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Negative keyframes can appear thousands of frames before 0, and it can make a project slow and unstable because Moho is trying to evaluate all these frames before it gets to your intentionally keyframed animation.

If you're importing a project (i.e., a character rig,) and the current project immediately becomes slow and/or crashy, it's possible that the imported project has a negative keyframe in it.

I don't think anybody has figured out what causes the negative keyframes yet but this error happens rarely and, thanks to Wes' script, it's easy to fix.

I hope this is all it is. Good luck!
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

bebemustacio wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:51 am
Greenlaw wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:57 pm Hmm...this makes me wonder if this is a negative keyframe issue. Does this occur only in a certain project or projects that use the same animated assets? If so, check your project using Synthsin75's Delete Negative Keyframe script.

https://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 4&start=15

Hope this helps.
Thank you, not sure what negative keyframes are, but I will try it. It crashes with all our rigs, but they are rigged in the same way, so not sure if maybe some actions contain something that crashes Moho. One is sure, it crashes when I try to undo animation.
And that will not be a big problem if autosave works like it was before. Now I always get error ... Failed to parse JSON document

We are installing this days few new PCs, so also will check if rigs works better on new systems, with less crashes.
I've had similar problems with undo and solved them eliminating the references and creating them again. Turned out some of them were corrupted and the file was way bigger than after remaking them.
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

The same thing happens to me. it crashes sometimes with only one undo.

There is no reference layer. I haven't even started animating. Just vector drawing at this point.

I'm on the latest mac with Monterey.

It's quite annoying cause even auto save sometimes doesn't work. It gives me the failed to parse error and no recovered file.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Then, if the problem is not any corrupted reference layer or any negative keyframes, I would try disabling autosave in settings. Autosave has been problematic in the past and, even if it's supposed to be fixed now, I never activated it again, just in case, and I'm not having any crashes since months.
bebemustacio

Post by bebemustacio »

Daxel wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:26 pm Then, if the problem is not any corrupted reference layer or any negative keyframes, I would try disabling autosave in settings. Autosave has been problematic in the past and, even if it's supposed to be fixed now, I never activated it again, just in case, and I'm not having any crashes since months.
Yes, thank you, disabling autosave solves the problem. Without autosave, all files works fine last month.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

bebemustacio wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:19 pm Yes, thank you, disabling autosave solves the problem. Without autosave, all files works fine last month.
I'm glad it worked. And the devs managed to hunt the bug down so now (13.5.5) autosave doesn't seem to be causing issues.
bebemustacio

Post by bebemustacio »

That's great news. I just installed 13.5.5... fingers crossed for autosave on :)