Are Pin Bones Dead?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SuperSGL

Re: Are Pin Bones Dead?

Post by SuperSGL »

One last thought I downloaded a script "Mr Transform Rig tool" I'm thinking I can uninstall that and see if there are any changes.I don't have the scripts on the laptop. I hadn't really used it much was still learning about it so I never got to create anything with pin bones. Now, Im new to the script world but it looks like it is in the moho pro - scripts - Tools how do I uninstall it and / or is it safe to delete those files and not effect anything else (Im assuming the main scripts that come with moho are in another folder under programs or something) I'm off to work soon I'll keep you up to date.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Third Party scripts should be installed only in your Custom Content Folder...this keeps any tools and modifications separate from the 'factory' installation so you can easily restore Moho to its default state when you need to (useful when testing Moho or third party scripts for compatibility.) If you did that, you can simply rename your Custom Content Folder (e.g., Custom Content OLD) and Moho will create a new clean Custom Content Folder the next time you launch it.

If you installed the scripts in the main program folder, yeah, you might as well re-install and delete any remaining files from the Moho folder. This way, Moho can start clean and fresh when you re-install it.

BTW, I don't think Moho's installer removes all the preference and settings files and you may need to remove those manually. I don't recall exactly where they are located off the top of my head but a search in these forums should turn up that info.

In the future, if you suspect a third party script in Scripts Tool is interfering with normal operation of Moho, you can disable the suspected script by dragging it into a folder inside the Scripts Tool folder. The name of this folder doesn't matter, but I call mine Disabled so know what's inside. Moho will only load scripts in the Scripts Tool folder but ignore the contents of the subfolder. This goes for Tool mods too.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Found some info about the config files:

viewtopic.php?p=202648#p202648

I think the info I have there about the activation is wrong...I'm almost sure that you'll need to reactivate by entering your code and you can't just drag that file back in to reactivate. No biggie...just deactivate before you uninstall or reset your activations from the main website so you get all your activations back.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

I have that script and I don't have issues with pin bones.
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

When I removed mr Transform rig tool from the tools folder (3 files) no change after reboot. I removed the others along with the folder in ScriptResources the mr transform rig tool folder, without a reboot just re opened moho and now it works. I'm getting the pin bones. I only had a couple other scripts none for bones just syn Lock Layer and a mirror points script. It is (very) possible I installed one or all these scripts wrong. I'll try and bring them back one at a time and see which ones change or most likely was just installed wrong. Before that I mirrored the settings in preferences from my laptop but there were no changes.
At any rate I have the pin bones working as they should.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

I only brought back transform rig tool and already I see a difference. I must have installed it wrong. Before, every time I opened Moho that tool was selected (that was annoying) now it's not it's back to the first tool in the menu. And the pin bones still work.
Norman McLaren

My Animations
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

Somehow I ended up copying the LM_Bone scripts from 'Programs-Moho...Scripts' This was the culprit. When I copied them back into the scripts tools folder I lost the pin bones. All the lm_*** scripts were removed again and everything is working (removed only from the 'Documents scripts folder') Hopefully this will help others fix there problems as well
Norman McLaren

My Animations
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

As mentioned earlier, you really don't want to mess with the scripts in the Programs folder. Keeping this folder intact is necessary for Moho to operate as intended.

If you want to install a mod script for an existing tool (i.e., LM_Bone), it should go in your Custom Content Folder. When Moho sees the 'same' tool there, it will load that instead of the stock version in Programs. This way, if the mod breaks something, it's easier to find the problem and restore the original tool by simply removing the mod (i.e., drag it to that 'Disabled' folder described above.)

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

I think what I might have done was installed into the program files, when it didn't work I must have copied everything over to scripts in my custom folder.
Norman McLaren

My Animations
moe33

Post by moe33 »

This happened to me too, and I removed one of the scripts and it solved the problem.
You can try to remove some scripts you installed. I think some script is conflicting with Moho.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Tip #1: Whenever Moho Updates, I rename my Custom Content Folder to force Moho to create a new 'default' folder. Then I rename the new folder as 'Moho Pro Default' and repoint Moho back to my personal Custom Content Folder (after resetting its name of course.) This makes it easy to switch to 'vanilla' Moho to test with whenever I suspect a script conflict, by simply repointing which Custom Content Folder to use in Preferences.

Tip #2: As mentioned elsewhere, I also keep an extra folder inside my Custom Content's Scripts folder, typically named Disabled. It doesn't matter what this folder is called but you can temporarily disable a script by dragging it into any nested folder. This is very useful when you have scripts you don't use all the time or when you are troubleshooting individual scripts.

Advanced users may want to create multiple 'disabled' folders to manage different sets of scripts. I do this with specialty scripts to reduce clutter in my toolbox of tool I rarely use.

For example, I have a set of scripts primarily for motion graphics, which I might need only a couple times a year. They take up a lot of space in the Toolbox, so I like to keep these scripts 'disabled' most of the time.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Suggestion to developers: It would be cool if we could assign sets of scripts for the Toolbox and pick them from a list. This could be useful to switch between, say, a General Purpose set to a Motion Graphics set or another special use sets. Maybe this could be an enhancement for the Tools Layout tab in Preferences?

Ideally, if Moho gets a full UI overhaul, it would be great if we could create custom Workspace settings and switch between them by selecting from a Workspace menu. Like the above, users can switch to different Workspaces depending on the task at hand. I imagine that won't happen any time soon so just a thought for the future.

Thanks for listening.
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

Greenlaw wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:28 pm Suggestion to developers: It would be cool if we could assign sets of scripts for the Toolbox and pick them from a list. This could be useful to switch between, say, a General Purpose set to a Motion Graphics set or another special use sets. Maybe this could be an enhancement for the Tools Layout tab in Preferences?
Ouu, I like that idea a lot. (some may complain they might have to set it up manually...but I would be willing to do that) :idea: :D
Norman McLaren

My Animations