[Request] Script for tapering non connected vectors and sharp corners?

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

BigBoiiiJones

[Request] Script for tapering non connected vectors and sharp corners?

Post by BigBoiiiJones »

Can someone make a script that could taper sharp corners or enlarge sharp corners width? Same thing for vectors that aren't connected to another vector? To give a clearer picture of what I'm asking for CACANi has a similar feature so you can watch this video to see the concept enable to YT subtitles for more context. If scripting cant do these functions automatically I think a useful workaround would be to select unconnected vectors and sharp corners and then we can switch to the line width tool to manually adjust it's at least better than having to select these points manually.

Greenlaw

Re: [Request] Script for tapering non connected vectors and sharp corners?

Post by Greenlaw »

Yes, I agree...I'd like to see more options for setting stroke taper and corners too.

One thing I'd like to see improved first is more options for how the taper shape is is defined. Right now Moho only uses an S curve for the rate of the tapering but many times I'd rather have a taper that eases out from the second to last/first point towards the tip. Maybe if we had a curve setting for this? Even a set of presets to choose from would be useful. (Of course I'm talking about for strokes on paths created using Add Points, not Freehand.)

Having Moho taper the end points in new stroke shapes automatically or being able to apply this to selected stroke shapes like in the above video would be welcome too.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
DK

Re: [Request] Script for tapering non connected vectors and sharp corners?

Post by DK »

Thumbs up!
D.K