Re: My first 3d head turn

Post by dueyftw »

Good job! Now some hair?

It take time and effort.

Dale
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Sounds like user error, as I've never heard of anyone having that problem.
EricTheFish

Post by EricTheFish »

I've seen something similar where child layers are moved out of a group and the child layer origins are no longer held together by the group layer. They end end up all over the place.

Putting them back into a group usually corrects this.
EricTheFish
Artist, musician, animator, coder and dabbler in stuff
www.tech-nique.co.uk
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Moho doesn't like to be left running during computer hibernation. You should restart Moho if your computer sleeps or hibernates.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I could be wrong, but it sounds like an unintentional change in the rig rather than a bug. There could be many reasons for it (changes in the hierarchy, bone strength, new bones affecting the rig, removed bones, etc.). Maybe if you share the file we can help you?
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I've never experienced Moho to crash while/after a Mac goes to sleep. It's running for weeks here sometimes.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

slowtiger wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:14 pm I've never experienced Moho to crash while/after a Mac goes to sleep. It's running for weeks here sometimes.
It doesn't crash, but on Windows, Moho starts acting weird after a sleep or hibernate. Sleepy Moho needs a reboot to wake up.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

IMO, you should say no to Hibernation mode. I don't think I've seen a problem specifically with Hibernation and Moho but I don't risk it.

For years, I've had nothing but bad luck with Hibernation mode for a lot of different programs and peripherals (i.e., trackpad, mouse, sign-in devices, etc.) Sometimes even the normal operation of Windows itself is affected after the computer wakes up from Hibernation. More recently, Hibernation was causing problems for my new laptop whenever I remoted into work. After the hibernating computer woke up, I could be locked out until I hard re-booted the computer, causing data loss and potentially other problems. After disabling Hibernation everything is fine on this computer. Hibernation just isn't worth the headache, and I've had problems with it on every computer I've owned!

When I'm running a laptop on battery power, I do have my power saver settings set to turn off the screen after a short period of inactivity and to completely turn off the computer a little bit later. This means I have a wait few seconds longer for boot up compared to Hibernation, but if I've been away from my computer long enough for it to timeout, the short wait is not a big deal to me. (This assumes the OS is installed on an SSD, which these days it really should be.)

If your data is important, disable Hibernation and make it a habit to save your file before stepping away from the computer.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

If you unparent or reparent a smart bone, it will change the original angles of the SB action.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Unless you want to post an example file of the problem, there's not a lot of advise we can give.