help! export to flash: problem with audio

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ramapo99

help! export to flash: problem with audio

Post by ramapo99 »

i'm trying to export an animation in flash... everything is ok for video but i have problems with audio.
i tied with best quality (44khz - stereo - 16 bit) but.... doesn't work.
ui tried with mp3 file but...doesn't work....
thank yuo!
vale :lol:
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Can you be more specific?

What doesn't work? No sound? Is it Moho? Or are you using Flash?

Need more info.

Flash with sound that doesn't have a preloader will often suffer from "synch" problems. The animation will not be synched to the audio because the audio takes longer to load and flash files start to play immediately unless you have a preloader in the SWF or use action scripting to synch up sound.

-Vern
ramapo99

Post by ramapo99 »

...ok i'll try.
the problem is with the final swf: while the video run, audio doesn't work... is not exported.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

OK, here's the problem: The Moho sound system was recently changed over to a system that does not depend on QuickTime. This has made playback smoother in general, plus has allowed for audio support on Linux. Unfortunately, MP3 support is not one of the features of the new system (software patent issues). Also unfortunately, Flash only accepts MP3 files for soundtracks.

So, here's the workaround (hopefully this can be improved in the future): When creating your animation, use a WAV file as the soundtrack. Then, just before you export for Flash, replace the WAV file with an MP3 version of the same file. Moho will not show the waveform or play back the MP3 file, but it will include the MP3 file when exporting to Flash.
ramapo99

Post by ramapo99 »

...ok thank you... i'll try... and i let you know...
:wink: