Memory function for bone layer

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Hugging_Bear

Memory function for bone layer

Post by Hugging_Bear »

Dear Moho-developer-team,
I notice while animating (in a bone layer) and the 'Bone Manipulate Tool' active, I have to switch occasionally to an audio layer (for some reason the wave curve is not displayed correctly in the bone layer I'm working in). Switching back into the bone layer my 'Bone Manipulate Tool' is disselected and the Layer-Tool is active instead.
I know why this happen, because there aren't any bones in an audio layer! But it would be very cool and convenient if the program could remember the tool I was using in the bone layer and would automatically switch back to that tool!
Of course, you also could fix the bug that caused the wrong display of the audio wave ... then I didn't have to switch back and forth between layers in the first place!
Greenlaw

Re: Memory function for bone layer

Post by Greenlaw »

Hugging_Bear wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:15 am I notice while animating (in a bone layer) and the 'Bone Manipulate Tool' active, I have to switch occasionally to an audio layer (for some reason the wave curve is not displayed correctly in the bone layer I'm working in). Switching back into the bone layer my 'Bone Manipulate Tool' is disselected and the Layer-Tool is active instead...it would be very cool and convenient if the program could remember the tool I was using in the bone layer and would automatically switch back to that tool!
Of course, you also could fix the bug that caused the wrong display of the audio wave ... then I didn't have to switch back and forth between layers in the first place!
Hmm...this doesn't happen here.

Below is what happens in Moho 13.5 on my computer, and I believe this is the correct behavior...

1. With the Bone layer selected in the Layers window,
2. I start out selecting the Select Bone tool from the Tools window
3. and then switch to the Manipulate Bones tool.
4. Next I switch from the Bones layer to the Vector layer,
5. and then to the Audio layer,
6. and finally switch back to the Bones layer.

When I return to the Bones layer, the Manipulate Bones tool remains selected. Also, the audio track remains visible the entire time.

Can you post an example of what's happening on your computer. When you're looking for a solution to a Moho problem in the forums, it's always best to provide images and/or a project with clear steps for reproducing the issue, otherwise it's just a guessing game for other users and the developers.

Hope this helps
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I should have mentioned that, even though I have the audio track nested under the bones layer, this doesn't matter. If drag the audio track out of the bones layer so it sits in the Layers window on its own, it remains visible when I select any of the other layers.

I'm wondering if there is something incompatible about your audio track. Ideally, you want to use an uncompressed .wav or .aif if you need it for frame accurate animation (like for lip sync-ing.)
Hugging_Bear

Post by Hugging_Bear »

This video shows that changing to layers 'outside' the bone layer in question leads to a 'forgetting' of which tool was active/selected before the switch to another layer.
And exception to this rule seems to be vector layers.

https://youtu.be/r0k1Nfqf4WU