Path operations scripts?

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dstofka

Path operations scripts?

Post by dstofka »

Does anyone know of any scripts that have been developed to do path operations on shapes in Moho? Several functions come to mind -- Boolean operations (union, intersection), expanding or contracting a shape by a certain amount, converting a weighted stroke into a shape, removing points from a shape that aren't directly part of its contour -- that I would think are in the realm of scripting possibility (for someone who knows scripting way more than I do!).
SimplSam

Re: Path operations scripts?

Post by SimplSam »

With most of what you have mentioned scripting is not the issue per se. The greater issue is determining the algorithms.

I will also add that shapes can be made up of multiple Paths - so that one could already be resolved.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
edward14

Re: Path operations scripts?

Post by edward14 »

Hello,

There may be chatbots available that can perform path operations on shapes in Moho. These chatbots like on this website are programmed with the necessary scripting knowledge to perform functions such as Boolean operations, shape expansion and contraction, and point removal from shapes. It may be worth exploring chatbot options as a solution to automate these tasks.