SOLVED: Smart Action changes intermittently incorrectly displayed

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

erikk

SOLVED: Smart Action changes intermittently incorrectly displayed

Post by erikk »

Okay, here's the thing. I've been hugely careful with the actions, but I have a shoulder turn that moves the arms in front of or behind the body using layer order. I also have a bone that flips through the switch layers for my feet shapes. Both of these work fine and export fine. But sometimes, when I activate a bone with an action or just for fun, the view will change the foot to default position or show the arms at the wrong order on the body. This is not actually happening, though if I preview animatioon or just plain preview the frame the error shows.

What makes me know I haven't got an action conflict is if I scrub back a frame and forward again. the problem goes away. Until the next time. Exported movies have been fine as well. Just scrubbing wouldn't fix a rigging error, so something isn't keeping up with properly showing current states on smart bones. And scrubbing fixes it. There seems to be some sort of video update issue. In Display Quality all are checked except the last three. I tried turning on GPU Acceleration, which has always just been something that should be called "really mess up the viewport" for me. But no, that doesn't change it. Nor does restarting the program.

On a MacBook Pro with an M1 Pro chip and running Ventura 13.1. 16GB or RAM. Any thoughts? I it matters I'm on an LG monitor with a 5K 2K specification (essentially 4K but widescreen, I can't explain it better than that easily).

And I have carefully checked all of my actions, there aren't that many, for rogue bone keys or overlapping attempts to control things. But again, just scrubbing out and back wouldn't fix those.
Last edited by erikk on Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erikk

Re: Smart Action changes intermittently incorrectly displayed

Post by erikk »

Here's what it looks like, it's becoming worse and worse, to the point where I simply cannot work with the rig. I can turn off the actions on the head turns, that was just a time saver for having the turns on the main timeline. But the body turns still are a problem for posing. As you can see, I don't even need to scrub. Just clicking in the timeline updates the view to where it should be. Is this a bug? I've been using Moho since ASP 6 and have never experienced such a thing.
erikk

Re: Smart Action changes intermittently incorrectly displayed

Post by erikk »

Some kind friends opened this on Windows and it doesn't happen for them. I save iteratively, an older version doesn't do this either. There is some weird mix of the M1 Pro chip and some small error or bone change I made that is causing this. So frustrating, I'll file a bug report but the fact that I can demonstrate the problem but others can't is vexing. I've yet to have someone on a Mac try this, though.
erikk

Re: SOLVED: Smart Action changes intermittently incorrectly displayed

Post by erikk »

Solved it, I think it's still a bug but I know what happened. When I moved an audio track in the sequencer I accidentally bumped the bone layer back a frame. I guess the mismatch of bone layer sequencer position between this and having created the actions before the sequencer accident caused this. But people on Windows opened the file and didn't experience this. And moving the sequencer should be something one can do without it doing this? But it appears to be Mac only and I have figured out the cause, so small party happening here.
Barno

Post by Barno »

Hello how did you solve it? I am having the same issue. When I am locking a particular movement by Ctl F the body turn is happening in every two frames automatically throughout the timeline though I havent used the body tur smart bones. Please help me to solve this.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

erikk wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:28 pm Solved it, I think it's still a bug but I know what happened. When I moved an audio track in the sequencer I accidentally bumped the bone layer back a frame...
I've always felt it's too easy in Moho to temporally offset a layer on the timeline...after all these years, I still do this by accident (typically with Shift+RMB) and it can get frustrating because sometimes I won't catch my error till I'm pretty far along in animation. When I do catch and correct this, I may then have to spend a bit of time fixing the affected animation. I wish this feature used a less accessible shortcut or that the timeline had a 'lock' option to prevent this from happening.