Cycle defaults

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Cycle defaults

Post by DK »

Anyone know of a way to set the Cycle defaults? Specifically the Absolute value. For some reason mine is always set to a default value of 2 and it is getting to a point where it is a little annoying constantly setting it back to 1.
Many thanks
D.K
synthsin75

Re: Cycle defaults

Post by synthsin75 »

Not without writing a script just to add a cycle keyframe.
In 13.5 they changed it, assuming you'd be doing a cycle from a frame one keyframe and not wanting to repeat it twice in the cycle.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

DK wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:02 am For some reason mine is always set to a default value of 2 and it is getting to a point where it is a little annoying constantly setting it back to 1.
Typically the last frame in a cycle is an exact copy of the first frame so you want the cycle to return to the second frame. If it returns to the first frame, that frame will double-up at the end and create a 'hitch' in the animation.

I guess this behavior should be optional but I believe the current behavior is the more common way to set cycles. (At least this is how I've always done it, and I found the old way of having to move the pointer from 1 to 2 annoying.) 😸
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DK

Post by DK »

Yes I see now what you mean. I'm stuck in my old ways.
Cheers
D.K
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

There is an alternate Cycle Keys tool - discussed here: https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35384

You can use the tools Cycle To technique to achieve a cycle back to frame 1, by selecting the frame 0 keyframe, moving the timeline cursor to the desired frame position of the cycle keyframe, and then run the tool. (A new keyframe will be created at the current frame position with the same value of the selected keyframe on frame 0 - unless a keyframe already exists at the current frame position)
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Somehow I missed that one...that's pretty cool SimplSam! 8)
DK

Post by DK »

Hi SimpleSam.
Great script!!!..... but for some reason when I generate a loop, it doesn't loop? Not sure what is causing it.
D.K

EDIT: Ahhh....restarted Moho and it's now working fine! Thanks for the script SimpleSam!!!

Cheers
D.K