Lua Console window popups

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

drumlug13

Lua Console window popups

Post by drumlug13 »

Every time I add a point between two other points already drawn the Lua Console window pops up. Been going on for a couple of days now. Restarted the program a few times. Rebooted the PC, but it's still hanging around. Any ideas?
Windows 10

Adam
Greenlaw

Re: Lua Console window popups

Post by Greenlaw »

Is with the regular Add Points tool or a custom script?

If it's with a custom script, I would suspect that tool. Maybe it's missing something or got corrupted.

If it's with the regular, unmodified Add Points tool, maybe something is interfering with it. To test for that, try this:

1. Quit Moho
2. Rename your Custom Content Folder. This will prevent Moho from seeing it and loading any custom tools.
3. Moho will as you to set a Custom Content Folder. I would go ahead and have is create a new one at the location where you have the renamed one, just so Moho remembers where it's supposed to be.
4, Launch Moho
5. Test the tool.

If the tool now works properly, the problem is probably another script interfering with the native tool script.

Now, instead of deleting the new Custom Content Folder, try moving your custom scripts and support files from the old renamed Custom Content Folder to the new one. Maybe this will leave behind any bad files. To do this properly, move the scripts over one at a time and test the Add Points work. If anything breaks it, that's probably the culprit.

If none of this made any difference, then maybe your Moho install is corrupted, or something about your OS or another program is interfering with it. The next step would be to deactivate Moho, uninstall and re-install it, and then reactivate it.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

BTW, this is all just me guessing, and it's what I would do under this situation.

Hopefully, a user with a much better understanding of LUA errors will pop in with a better solution.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Are you using the modified Add Point tool from this thread? https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35776

if so, that would be the likely issue as the fix suggested involves a SetWeight call.
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

Yes I have been using it. It was weird because the same problem I described in that thread popped up again. I just pulled those to files out of the custom content folder, started Moho, shut it down, dragged the 2 files back into the CC folder, started Moho again and it's fine now.

My pc is is just weird sometimes
Adam
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hmm. I'm trying the modified tool now and seeing the same error here.

Next I tried your fix but still seeing the error. Guess I'll report it over there.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yep, my bad. Here's the updated add point tool that should correct the problem: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/gph ... t.zip?dl=0
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yes...it's perfect now! Thank you Wes!
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

Thanks Wes!
Adam