moho crash when triangulate

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JaCoOoOoS

moho crash when triangulate

Post by JaCoOoOoS »

Hello

I searched the forum but i couldn't find the answer so i start the new topic.

My Moho crashes every time I try to use "Draw/Triangulate 2D mesh" function. I tried adding different points, even triangulating without layers to check if its working at all. No matter i do, i experience crash very time. Is there anyone who can help me with this? I use Moho Pro 13.5.5 on windows 10 (64bit). My hardware is: procesor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 64GB RAM, RTX 2080Ti.

Please respond
user JaCoOoOoS
Greenlaw

Re: moho crash when triangulate

Post by Greenlaw »

Some thoughts...

Does the crash occur with any vector drawing or only this specific vector drawing?

If it only crashes with this one drawing, I suspect something is wrong about the drawing's construction. Try recreating the drawing in a new layer, making sure all the points are properly connected, and see how it goes.

Also check if you can reproduce this crash in a clean project file. If the problem occurs only in that specific project file, then I suspect that file.

If the problem is with the project file, try importing the content of that file to a new project file.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Also, if you haven't already done so, try working with the new Smart Warp Layer. it's easier than creating vector art and then using Triangulate. It's not appropriate for every situation but it works really well most of the time.

Alternatively, you might try working with quads instead of triangles. This is what I usually do these days. Working with quads has certain advantages over working with triangles and it's been very stable for me.

(Note: to generate quad mesh shapes, can use Script> Draw> Fill Quad Mesh. To delete all shapes before running the Fill Quad Mesh script, use the Select Shape tool's Select All button and press Delete.)
JaCoOoOoS

Post by JaCoOoOoS »

It started to work somehow but it happened on random. Maybe it works better when animating PSD images than when working with vectors.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I haven't experienced crashing but what I normally do is I run Hayasidist's Bake To PNG script on my Vector layers and use the Image Layer for warping and rendering. (Don't delete the vector layers in case you need to update them later.) The reason I do this this is because easier and more predictable to warp a bitmap this way because the pixels are evenly distributed, whereas a vector graphic can be warped only where the points exist which can result in undesirable deformations.