Moho 14: shifting keyframes to the right?

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

TheMinahBird

Moho 14: shifting keyframes to the right?

Post by TheMinahBird »

When I grab keyframes and move them to the left on the timeline things act as normal , but let’s say I move a key to the right? It tries to take its neighbor with it sometimes ?

Other weird behaviors include:

- selecting many keys and shifting them, they will move but leave replacement keys in its place

- copy and pasting keys but the pasted keys jump a few frames , ergo they’re not landing where they’re supposed to but jumping to another spot.
"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure" - Lord Byron
TheMinahBird

Re: Moho 14: shifting keyframes to the right?

Post by TheMinahBird »

And it does it when shifting to left too. This time it was triggered by group selection.
"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure" - Lord Byron
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Sounds like the kind of oddities you can get when a layer is shifted in the sequencer.
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

I don't think it's that, I don't use the sequencer, but I wouldn't put it past me to have accidentally did something.

Here's a video link of the issue:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtLh9vnveOfxhO0hgObv-wXv4gsMtQ

The first clip is it paste jumping, the second is it doing that thing where it grabs other keys with it or creates replacement keys when I try to move something.

I thought maybe paste vs. paste relative would make a difference but that doesn't seem to be the case.
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

Maybe what I'm dealing with is in the same ballpark as these two?

viewtopic.php?p=197684#p197684

viewtopic.php?p=189018&hilit=key#p189018

I know it's not exactly the same but it's all I could find.
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

Sorry if my constant updating is annoying or inappropriate, but I figured out the cause of my issues: Vitruvian bone keys.

So that whole "it's moving neighboring keys" thing, it's not, it's moving the keys that belong to the other bone that was hidden in the switch if that makes any sense.

"why is it making duplicates?" if both bones in the Vitruvian group are keyed on top of each other it's gonna look like that when you shift the Vitruvian visibility key.

What's weird about this is that I swear Moho 13 didn't behave like this when I moved Vitruvian keys?

So I'm guessing this is an added feature that's actually helpful and I just gotta get used to it. :oops:

But hey now I learned that it's best to move these independently of each other now! Instead of mass selecting and dragging them? :o

As for the copy and pasting? I had to go to Timeline Channels and turn the "Vitruvian Bones Consolidated." channel on and then I was able to view all the keys being made, I don't know why or how but I guess I must've been selecting hidden keys??? Which made it look like it was jumping? I don't even fully think that's the real reason why, but after deleting those hidden keys it started pasting like normal again. So now I guess I'm gonna keep this channel visible from now on so I don't run into any weird issues while working with VB.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

This is one of the reasons I don't use vitruvian bones unfortunately. The fact that channels hide and show on their own is so confusing to me.