91+
No votes
MYOB!
3%

Total votes: 35
Karl Toon

Age Old Question

Post by Karl Toon »

Actually, that title should really read the Old Age Question. So, come on people, how old are we Moho Animators?
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney
SuperSGL

Re: Age Old Question

Post by SuperSGL »

That's not fair! I'm 61 and I'm grouped with a 70 year old! :lol:

I saw Bambi at the Drive-in in 1966 ( I looked up the year) My all time favorite (I think even ahead of Snow White). The Jungle book came out in 67' definitely saw that at the drive-in as well. Really wished I took better care of my toys back then as well... :roll: :(
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

SuperSGL wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:50 pm That's not fair! I'm 61 and I'm grouped with a 70 year old! :lol:

I saw Bambi at the Drive-in in 1966 ( I looked up the year) My all time favorite (I think even ahead of Snow White). The Jungle book came out in 67' definitely saw that at the drive-in as well. Really wished I took better care of my toys back then as well... :roll: :(
:mrgreen: Unfortunately, I could only have 10 options. I'm lucky though 'cow I'm only 59.
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney
sang820

Post by sang820 »

:shock: Hahaha, I wish you all a long life! After all, creating Moho animations can make people young. :shock:
I'm just 43 years old, and I can't think of anything else I can do besides animation =)))
MrMiracle77

Post by MrMiracle77 »

46 and didn't even start with the software until I was almost 42..
- Dave

(As Your GM)
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

MrMiracle77 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:31 pm 46 and didn't even start with the software until I was almost 42..
Started at 55. :D 4 years also for me.
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

I just turned 71, so I'm the only one in that 71-80 range. But I'm a "kid in a candy store" right now with Moho 14 and my recently-acquired Toon Boom Harmony. And I will also have the new Procreate Dreams animation app on my iPad Pro when they release it next month.

Lots of new tricks for this old dog to learn... :D
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

Ronbo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:58 pm I just turned 71, so I'm the only one in that 71-80 range. But I'm a "kid in a candy store" right now with Moho 14 and my recently-acquired Toon Boom Harmony. And I will also have the new Procreate Dreams animation app on my iPad Pro when they release it next month.

Lots of new tricks for this old dog to learn... :D
Hey! Thanks for mentioning Procreate Dreams. I'd not heard of it. Here is something made by Aaron Blaise in the trial version. https://youtu.be/VJKEhmQoKGw?si=AYtOV9kVA_kU7WFi
I'm well impressed and eagerly awaiting it's release now.
And, although you've probably seen it, here, for me and others who are interested, here is the Procreate Reveal Keynote: https://www.youtube.com/live/tqx3i_-Qvw ... 3Nn1whW7rp
$20
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

Yes, I too am anxiously awaiting Procreate Dreams. As they say, "Shut up and take my money!" :D

You might like to watch this Aaron Blaise interview. I knew he worked in TVPaint, which is expensive, so I was stunned to hear him say that Procreate Dreams is actually a better app! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab11wme6sJs

Aaron has produced a number of TVPaint tutorials, so it will be interesting to see if he starts making some with Procreate Dreams now.
LucyLa

Post by LucyLa »

Oh. I can’t vote for nearly a year … there’s not a box for someone who is 20.
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

LucyLa wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:46 pm Oh. I can’t vote for nearly a year … there’s not a box for someone who is 20.
Well spotted. Maybe you could vote in advance? :D
RichardC

Post by RichardC »

Hey Ronb0, me 'n you then.
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

Procreate Dreams now available to pre-order in App Store.
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

Thank you RichardC. I feel a little less lonely now. :D
Last edited by Ronbo on Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

Yup, I pre-ordered Procreate Dreams this morning.