Color Picker expansion

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Karl Toon

Color Picker expansion

Post by Karl Toon »

probably a big ask, but it would be great to have a color picker with options similar to Procreate on the iPad.

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney
synthsin75

Re: Color Picker expansion

Post by synthsin75 »

You can used any image as a color swatch in the style window. Just add it to the Swatches folder in your custom content folder.
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:56 pm You can used any image as a color swatch in the style window. Just add it to the Swatches folder in your custom content folder.
Yes, a great feature which I do use, but not quite the same functionality. :D
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

From your pictures, I'm not sure what else you may be talking about.
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:02 pm From your pictures, I'm not sure what else you may be talking about.
Whilst I don't personally prefer to use it, I know a lot of art program users love to use the colour wheel.
Colour picker as it is now, obviously.
Recently used colour swatch.
Complementary colour picker, possibly also other colour combinations: complementary; monochromatic; analogous; triadic; tetradic.
HSB; HSV; RGB; as well as Hex.
A way to change the Hue, Luminosity, Saturation; by sliders rather than by eye.
The main reason for my suggestion is that different users like working with colours in different ways.
For myself, I am quite badly red-green colourblind and rely heavily on HLS sliders when working with a particular colour, which I will more often than not have decided on by using its original HTML colour name or hex code. It is also beneficial to easily identify complementary, triadic or tetradic colours. Another great example of a really good colour picker is the one in Clip Studio Paint.
It is a real shame when Moho does so much that I have to go outside the program just to find and adjust my colours.
Looking at the images I posted doesn't really explain all that, so I hope I have made the idea a little clearer.
:D
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

There used to be a script around somewhere that did most, if not all, of that. I don't remember the name or by who though.
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

Cool. Thanks. I'll have a hunt round. I don't usually use scripts, but that one I would. :D