Collapse all layers

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Hoptoad

Collapse all layers

Post by Hoptoad »

Feature request: Collapse all layer groups.

A button would be nice, located on the Layer panel (near the Hide Vitruvian Layers button).

Thanks.
TheMinahBird

Re: Collapse all layers

Post by TheMinahBird »

As in making sure all layers are folded? Or something else?

Because I learned if you press Alt and click on one of those little arrow keys for opening and closing folders, it'll collapse all of them if it's open! (Or reopen all of them if it is closed!)
"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure" - Lord Byron
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

TheMinahBird wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:56 pm As in making sure all layers are folded? Or something else?

Because I learned if you press Alt and click on one of those little arrow keys for opening and closing folders, it'll collapse all of them if it's open! (Or reopen all of them if it is closed!)
Collapsing or folding, yes.

Alt+click collapses one group, which is great. But I sometimes have a bunch of characters "expanded," so I would have to Alt+click on several different characters to collapse everything.

I found a script that collapses every open folder, but I'd still prefer a button.

When I have several characters in a scene and all of them have many folders expanded, I get characters mixed up. After all, every character has a group called "head," for example. A button would allow me to close everything when the Layers Window becomes confusing.
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

OH! I see, you mean literally ALL instantly! Well hopefully someone can make a script for you! It seems simple enough (but I'm not sure, I'm bad at scripting ^^; so maybe it's a challenge and I'm overstepping).
"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure" - Lord Byron
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Hoptoad wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:28 pm ... I found a script that collapses every open folder, but I'd still prefer a button...
There was another Button solution from EricTheFish in the original topic: Collapse all layers

But you can also make any Menu script a Button by copying it to the <custom content folder>/Scripts/Tool/ folder, with or without a same name png icon file.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

SimplSam wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:46 am There was another Button solution from EricTheFish in the original topic: Collapse all layers

But you can also make any Menu script a Button by copying it to the <custom content folder>/Scripts/Tool/ folder, with or without a same name png icon file.
Oh! I overlooked (or forgot) that the button solution was already available.

Thanks for the information about how to make a Button. The Menu script works fine, but the next time I find myself wishing it was a button, I'll make it a button.