Prev/Next Keyframe should have a shortcut without modifier button

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JoelMayer

Prev/Next Keyframe should have a shortcut without modifier button

Post by JoelMayer »

I know this is apparently technically difficult because it's a menu option but pressing Option +y/x is just really awkward for a function i use all the time, especially since i mostly animate step frames these days. Flipping is so essential and having to hold down two buttons in an awkward position makes it a lot harder. Plus sometimes i don't let go of the Option Key in time and click on stuff too early and accidentally rotate my view or something like that. Tbf, it's something a lot of animation software vendors do , but i always appreciated the Toon Boom way of just having F and G for next/prev keyframe. Two simple buttons on the left half of the keyboard right next to each other for easy and fast flipping. It would be super great, if that could be somehow introduced in Moho as well.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Prev/Next Keyframe should have a shortcut without modifier button

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I can't say we will change this (single key shortcuts are rare because of the way Moho is built), but just to be sure: The shortcuts for Previous and Next keyframe are Option+Z & Option+X (not Option + X/Y).
The idea was you could use your left thumb and index/middle fingers to navigate the timeline.
For now, if that is still not working well for you, you could edit the shortcuts to something more comfortable (under Window: Timeline).
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
JoelMayer

Post by JoelMayer »

Víctor Paredes wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:25 pm I can't say we will change this (single key shortcuts are rare because of the way Moho is built), but just to be sure: The shortcuts for Previous and Next keyframe are Option+Z & Option+X (not Option + X/Y).
The idea was you could use your left thumb and index/middle fingers to navigate the timeline.
For now, if that is still not working well for you, you could edit the shortcuts to something more comfortable (under Window: Timeline).
Hi Victor

It's just that pressing two keys is kinda awkward for something that you basically press all the time BUT, i remedied this by programming my little TourBox for now so it's not the upmost priority either :) Thanks for taking the time to answer though!
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

use it as a tool and assign your favorite shortcut to it.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/kqpa2msu ... e.zip/file
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش