Mute channel dot in smart bone action (a warning)

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

neeters_guy

Mute channel dot in smart bone action (a warning)

Post by neeters_guy »

So I made a Smart Bone Action (SBA) and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working on the main timeline. After some digging, I found a little orange dot to the right of channel in the SBA. The dot is for muting and unmuting the channel, Orange meaning muted and white is unmuted. Ostensibly this for testing purposes, but I accidently clicked on that dot which started me on this investigation.

I pass this along as one possible cause why a smart bone action doesn't appear to be working.

PS. I upgraded to 14.1 after a hiatus and I'm having a blast learning all the new features. Moho has certainly come a long way since I first purchased version 5.6!
synthsin75

Re: Mute channel dot in smart bone action (a warning)

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, inadvertently or forgotten muted channels have been a common trip up in the past. They're harder to catch once they're hidden in a smart bone action. Seems to be less so nowadays, hopefully due to awareness of the feature.

Comparing v5 or 6 with 14.1 is such a huge leap. I know some people still use older versions, but with the latest improvements to workspace preview, I couldn't imagine going back.