Downloading old versions of Moho

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lynx888

Downloading old versions of Moho

Post by Lynx888 »

I bought Moho 13 3 years ago and need to reinstall. Since Lost marble took over I only see 13.5 and 14 for downloading. Anyone know where I can get 13?
synthsin75

Re: Downloading old versions of Moho

Post by synthsin75 »

Your Moho 13 serial number should work with 13.5.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

But if you really want to use Moho 13.0, you can still download it from SM's website here: my.smithmicro.com. Personally, I don't recommend SM's 13.0. It has a few features not found in Lost Marble's Moho 13.5 or 14.1, but it's also pretty buggy. For a while, some people kept it on-hand for 13.0-rig compatibility, but if you don't need that, I would move on to Lost Marble's Moho 13.5...at least!

As Wes suggested, your 13 serial number will work with Lost Marble's Moho 13.5, which you can download from here: Lost Marble Downloads.

When you're ready, be sure to check out the trial version for Lost Marble's Moho 14.1. Personally speaking, I think this is the best release to date, and Lost Marble is actively improving it.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Panha

Post by Panha »

I like 13.0. The 3D option was awesome, and raster drawing option was great. However too many bugs with action.
Lynx888

Post by Lynx888 »

Thanks everyone for your help, I installed 13.0 and found my activation, it seems I was smart enough to write it down after all LOL. I haven't started any major projects yet so perhaps I'll look into upgrading to 13.5 or even 14. Again thanks to all
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Lynx888 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:27 pm I haven't started any major projects yet so perhaps I'll look into upgrading to 13.5 or even 14. Again thanks to all
I believe can still update Moho 13.0 to 13.5 for free...your serial number should work with it. Just be sure it's registered with Lost Marble. If you run into an issue with that, contact support.

I highly recommend updating to Moho 13.5 because 13.0 had many critical problems, and was not practical for real production use. When Lost Marble took back the development of Moho, they built 13.5 on the 12.5 code, which restored Moho's usability.

The only notable feature in Moho 13.0 was bitmap painting, but the paint system was unfinished and buggy. If you want to use bitmap artwork in Moho, you're much better off creating it with an external paint program like Krita, saving your art as layered PSD or multiple PNGs, and importing that to Moho 13.5 for rigging and animation.

Hope this helps.