Selected Shape

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

MehdiZangenehBar

Selected Shape

Post by MehdiZangenehBar »

Let say I have a vector layer with multiple shapes inside it. I chose one the shape to change its style/effects. But as soon as do any action other than changing style property (for instance moving some points using transform tool). I will lose the selected shape in the style window and I have to select my shape from dropdown list again and again each time.
Lae82

Re: Selected Shape

Post by Lae82 »

That's when it's time to create a style for that particular shape. With a style attached to a shape you can edit that style in style editor even if you are in transform points mode.

First press "Q" > select the shape > Styles > New > Name/Rename and press enter
Select your shape > Style 1 dropdown menu > Select your custom style

Now you can change the appearence of the object in other select/transform modes.
Styles dropdown > select your created style > change color and effects.
You no longer need to go to shape select first just use the Styles dropdown and update the style and effects.

Otherwise:
"T" and "Q" are the shortcuts to shift fast between select points and shape fill.

Hope that gives you a little hint about how Moho works, it feels a little backwards in the beginning

-
Jiyahana

Re: Selected Shape

Post by Jiyahana »

Please create a custom style for that shape. Press Q to select the shape, then navigate to Styles and then create a new style and assign it a name. This allows you to edit the style for the selected shape even while in transform mode eliminating the need to repeatedly select the shape from the dropdown menu.