some general inquires👋

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AHMED003ADALAT

some general inquires👋

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

hey guys, how are you doing👋

so if i want to reset layer transform to align with mouth so i can stretch in axis to animate in L R face smart bone is it available to do that?🤔
image hosting

and why does masking look like that in viewport when masking a multiply layer on face group that already has masks inside?
thanks🙏
Greenlaw

Re: some general inquires👋

Post by Greenlaw »

AHMED003ADALAT wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:25 pm so if i want to reset layer transform to align with mouth so i can stretch in axis to animate in L R face smart bone is it available to do that?
Normally, I just hit the appropriate Reset button in the Transform Layer tool's options bar. You can reset Position, Scale, and Angle there, and then apply the transform you want. Moho can always reset to that state of the rig as you set it up in frame 0.

However, from what I see, it looks like you applied a transform to a nested layer or directly to the artwork itself. That artwork should be reset or corrected relative to the layer you want to apply the transform to.

In general, I would avoid or minimize putting transforms in multiple layers...that just complicate things and invite keyframing conflicts over time. Also, avoid applying transforms inside the artwork layer during animation if you can get the same result in a layer or group transform.
and why does masking look like that in viewport when masking a multiply layer on face group that already has masks inside?
First, compare the display preview with the render preview result (Ctrl-R). If rendered version looks different from your display preview, then you've probably hit a limitation of Moho 14.1's live display preview. Moho 14.1 got improvements to the live preview for masking effects, but it can still be thwarted.

I try to keep my masking fairly straightforward as much as possible. But when I need to make it more complicated, and the display preview error doesn't prevent me from animating effectively, then I just ignore the display error. In other words, if it looks good in rendering, that's all that really matters.

That said, there are times when I really need the display preview and final render to look the same. In this case, instead of making a single complicated mask, I'll make separate masking setups inside the child groups using duplicates or references of the top-level mask. So, basically, I'm creating simpler setups in each group instead of one complicated setup to affect everything. I find this more predictable and easier to work with.

If you need more specific help with your setup, you'll have to upload an example project for someone here to look at.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

AHMED003ADALAT wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:25 pm so if i want to reset layer transform to align with mouth so i can stretch in axis to animate in L R face smart bone is it available to do that?🤔
You'd need to rotate the points to align with the layer transform axis, and then rotate the layer back to your orientation.
AHMED003ADALAT

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

thanks people ...... i love you all, i just rotate layers inside group and then i rotated whole folder to match reference🫡💖👍

and for masking it seems i went too far and broke moho limit😅🫣