More shortcut control like in other programs for a minor update version?

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

everlastingdino

More shortcut control like in other programs for a minor update version?

Post by everlastingdino »

Right now there are many shortcuts I want to change that I just can't.

Firstly, menu keyboard shortcuts don't allow you to not have "alt, ctrl, or shift" which makes it more tedious for me. Plus, when changing keyboard shortcuts currently, some inputs aren't accepted which is frustrating! For instance, if I wanted to change the Layer Selector tool to "Ctrl Shift", I can't for some reason, while other keyboard shortcuts allow you to use the modifier keys. These shortcuts should be fully customizable for every single one, but currently, they aren't !! :(

Secondly, there isn't a way to change the Layer Select from being "Alt + Right Click" to anything else, making switching between multiple programs harder. (Yes, I know you can change the "Layer Selector" tool shortcut, but that way is not as good since it doesn't automatically switch to the previous tool you were using.) The layer selection is a very useful shortcut, but I would like to change the shortcut to my liking.

Also, there is no shortcut for quickly renaming layers, instead, the best way is to click once on the name and wait a couple of seconds which is worse, especially when you have many layers you want to rename. I also think there should be a shortcut option to quickly move between the next layer and the previous layer.

Lastly, I can't map any shortcuts to my drawing tablet's buttons, my pen's buttons, or even any of the mouse's buttons - like left or right click!!!! This is super frustrating since all other programs I use, I have set common shortcuts to those buttons to speed up workflow.

Please, can you guys remake the way keyboard shortcut customization is done in Moho in the next minor version for the sake of our workflows? I would say, if the wiki lists a shortcut that can be used, it should be fully customizable to our liking.

Thank you for reading and thanks in advance! :)
Daxel

Re: More shortcut control like in other programs for a minor update version?

Post by Daxel »

Yep I agree. Also the shortcut to confirm, that can be only enter or space but space is problematic with the space being used as "play" and enter forces you to lift the right hand from the mouse/pen. I'm not sure why there are so many limitations with the shortcuts in general but if it's not something too hard to improve, I would love to be able to just choose any shortcut I want with the modifiers that I want for each thing.

In the meantime I use X-mouse button control and you probably can make your pen work as you want with the right software.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Assigning keys/buttons with your Tablet should not be an issue. I do this with X-Pen 13.3 gen1 and can literally allocate any Mouse or Keyboard combo to the function buttons or pen keys.

Which tablet are you using?
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
everlastingdino

Post by everlastingdino »

I was wrong, my tablet's and pen's shortcuts do work with Moho. Just some of the bindings I have set up can't work currently because of the lack of customization with Moho shortcuts. Thank you for telling me this.
Sandra HH

Post by Sandra HH »

Hey, is there a shortcut for "Select connected points“? Thanks :D
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Yes - you can use the Tab key.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

You can also click on the curve edge with Transform Points to select all connected points.

Also, if the shape is filled, clicking inside will select all connected points.

I use the Tab key too, but sometimes one of the other two can be more convenient. (For example, when on a tablet or tablet computer.)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hmm...I just realized that what I wrote above isn't entirely accurate.

Clicking on the curve edge selects connected points in the curve segment. This is not always the same as all connected points in the structure. Apparently, Moho views curve segments separately from the whole construction of a drawing, even when the points are connected.

For example, In this drawing, I'm clicking on the individual segments of the structure to select the connected points in that segment. But as you can see, it does not select all the points in the structure...

The same goes for clicking on the fill...this selects only the connected points associated with the fill, which may not necessarily be all of the connected points in the structure...

So, as SimplSam said, the easiest way to select ALL of the connected points in a structure is to press the Tab key.

Edge and Fill clicking can still be useful when you want a limited selection (as intended, I'm sure.) I guess I hadn't noticed these methods didn't do the same thing as the Tab key because I typically work with simple shapes. Sorry for the incomplete information in my previous post, but I learned something new today.

I hope this information is helpful to someone else. :D
Sandra HH

Post by Sandra HH »

SimplSam wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:42 pm Yes - you can use the Tab key.
Thank you for your feedback I watched Moho's latest webinar on YouTube yesterday and was thrilled to see the solution with the tab :) . It really saves a lot of time 👍🏻
Damon_lai

Post by Damon_lai »

I wanna customize those shortcuts, but can't find them on the Keyboard Shortcuts setting panel. Are there any ways to change them?
- Flip Canvas: shift + F by default
- Toggle Frame Zero: shift + command + D by default
- Option + A: reserved by system to trigger alternate buttons in dialogs. Can we assign another one for the system?
Damon_lai

Post by Damon_lai »

Damon_lai wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:07 am I wanna customize those shortcuts, but can't find them on the Keyboard Shortcuts setting panel. Are there any ways to change them?
- Flip Canvas: shift + F by default
- Toggle Frame Zero: shift + command + D by default
- Option + A: reserved by system to trigger alternate buttons in dialogs. Can we assign another one for the system?
Inspired by Greenlaw, I figured out that I'm using a shortcut file created on the old Moho version, so I can't find the newly introduced actions from Moho 14 on the Keyboard Shortcuts settings panel. I created a new shortcut file on Moho 14 to fix this issue.