Lukas Sketch Panel for TVPaint

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lukas

Lukas Sketch Panel for TVPaint

Post by Lukas »

Here's a TVPaint Panel I've been creating and using over the years. We find TVPaint the best and fastest storyboard tool, especially with my custom left/right arrow buttons and export Adobe Premiere XML option. We storyboard everything in TVPaint before we start designing assets and start animating in Moho. It's pricey, but I can highly recommend it for storyboarding (frame by frame animation too of course, that's what it's intended for mostly).

Screenshot:

Download it from GitHub
Greenlaw

Re: Lukas Sketch Panel for TVPaint

Post by Greenlaw »

Lukas wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:36 pm Here's a TVPaint Panel I've been creating and using over the years. We find TVPaint the best and fastest storyboard tool...
Wow, that's quite a tool panel, Lukas! Thanks for sharing it.

In this past week, I've been drawing storyboards for a couple of mini-shorts and experimenting with new workflows to speed up the process. I came up with a system that's working for me at the moment, but I'm still deciding if it's practical for anything outside of these particular shorts.

Anyway, it's been years since I used TV Paint on a project, but I have never used it for storyboarding. I will look into that and try your custom tool panel as soon as I get this project off my plate.
Lukas

Re: Lukas Sketch Panel for TVPaint

Post by Lukas »

Greenlaw wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:08 pmI will look into that and try your custom tool panel as soon as I get this project off my plate.
When you check it out, make sure you get the latest version of the panel. I made significant improvements in the past days. Be sure to check out the keyboard shortcut suggestions mentioned in the Github page. Especially the left/right keys are crucial.

Here's a quick and dirty showcase of the XML export: