More tools for adjusting movement: Saving & Applying New Interpolation Presets

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

wermking

More tools for adjusting movement: Saving & Applying New Interpolation Presets

Post by wermking »

I don't like Moho's default interpolation settings very much--I find them a little bit floaty, so I end up having to use a ton of bezier keyframes. (Which can be very tedious: You can only change the handles on the keyframes of 1 bone or point at a time, and properties with multiple dimensions have multiple graphs that need to be adjusted. :T )

In tandem with this, I use A. Evseeva's Moho Script to be able to copy the interpolation of one keyframe to another.

Instead of having to use this script, I would love the ability to save my own Interpolation Presets which could be applied to multiple keyframes at once.

Ideally, these custom presets would be found alongside the default ones on the timeline and it would be possible to assign keyboard shortcuts to them.
lucasfranca

Re: More tools for adjusting movement: Saving & Applying New Interpolation Presets

Post by lucasfranca »

Do you know Spacer 2.0? I think that’s exactly what you’re looking for.

https://boosty.to/rigandmoho
An old guy [since 1983] who was raised in front of the TV.
Passionate about animation, after getting old, he decides to make it his hobby.

I share tutorials, reviews, tips and tricks from this vast world of animation on my channel.

https://youtube.com/animai2D
wermking

Re: More tools for adjusting movement: Saving & Applying New Interpolation Presets

Post by wermking »

Thank you for sharing! I wasn't aware of Spacer 2.0.

I definitely think it will be helpful (although it doesn't fulfill every aspect of my request.)

Here is some info for anyone who encounters this thread in the future:

Spacer 2.0 is a $1 script made by Rig and Moho.

:!: It costs more to buy from the link shared in the previous post! :!:
Buy from this link instead: https://danfield.gumroad.com/l/spacer?layout=profile.

The other link charges you $10, whereas this one charges you $1.

The script allows you to apply interpolation curves to multiple keyframes at once.
It comes with 25 presets that can be displayed as clickable icons, and you can enter numbers to make custom curves that you can apply.

Imo there's room for improvement in these areas:
  1. You can't save custom presets.
  2. You can't apply the presets using a keyboard shortcut.
  3. Spacer 2.0 doesn't support changing the angle of bezier handles. Handles can only be shortened or lengthened, and are always horizontal.
    In practice, this means you can't overshoot keyframes or use the handles to 'squish' the curve. It should be possible to adapt to this constraint, but there are many curves that you can't use with Spacer 2.0 that you normally can.
    (If you try to copy the easing of a keyframe with diagonal bezier handles to another keyframe, it will not paste correctly.)
  4. The icons for presets take up about 10% of my screen, which is a lot of space.
  5. It would be great if you could save interpolation presets that were based on modes like 'bounce' or 'elastic'. (or even just be able to change the default settings for those modes)