How can I "release" a Frame by frame layer?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Reindeer

How can I "release" a Frame by frame layer?

Post by Reindeer »

I have a very simple rig, a bone layer with just three vector layers. I added a Frame by frame layer to the rig (mouth positions) and drew the first frame. But the FbF layer floats around, evidently influenced by one or more bones of the rig. I am used to this behaviour with simple vector layers, and when it happens I usually go "release layer an points" and the layers stand still again. I can release the points even for Switch layers, because I can tell the individual layers inside the Switch folder to "release".
With this FbF layer, instead, "release layer" and "release layer and points" in't working. I guess that's because it behaves like a folder, not like a vector layer. Problem is, I can't make it stand still. Creating the FbF layer outside of the rig and dragging it inside the bone doesn't help because as soon as it's in the bone it's subject to the bones influence just like the FbF layer created inside the rig.
EDIT: I tried to select the child vector layers of the FbF layer and "reset layer and points" for each individual one (the mouth positions), to no avail. The bones' influence seems to influence the folder, not the vectors inside it.
Greenlaw

Re: How can I "release" a Frame by frame layer?

Post by Greenlaw »

Just a thought: Can you use the Bind Layer tool to bind the FBF to an unparented bone? If it needs to move with the rig, use Bind Layer to bind the FBF to the appropriate bone in the skeleton.

Anything bound using the Bind Layer tool will be excluded from being affected by other bones.
Reindeer

Re: How can I "release" a Frame by frame layer?

Post by Reindeer »

Greenlaw wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:15 pm Just a thought: Can you use the Bind Layer tool to bind the FBF to an unparented bone? If it needs to move with the rig, use Bind Layer to bind the FBF to the appropriate bone in the skeleton.

Anything bound using the Bind Layer tool will be excluded from being affected by other bones.
Very good though indeed, thanks! I bound the FbF layer to the main bone (the first one in the rig) and in fact now the it doesn't float anymore. Solved. I'll have to remember that.