Markers/labels in timeline, and more

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nama_rupa

Markers/labels in timeline, and more

Post by nama_rupa »

Its would be nice to be able to label sections in your timeline like you can in After Effects.

Also some key command that allows the user to find what layers and that layers attributes have keyframes. I dont know how much time I have spend tracking down misc keyframes that I laid down be accident. For reference I am using again After Effects when you hit the "U" key and it shows all the keyframes attribute for that layer.

-To be to switch to timecode instead of frames in the timeline

- info palette that tells the framerate you are previewing an animation at.

Thanks
myles

Re: Markers/labels in timeline, and more

Post by myles »

nama_rupa wrote:switch to timecode instead of frames in the timeline
Edit; Preferences; Options; Use SMPTE timecode.
nama_rupa wrote:- info palette that tells the framerate you are previewing an animation at.
When you play an animation, it shows the framerate achieved in the bottom-right corner of the window (at least on Windows).

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
nama_rupa

Post by nama_rupa »

Yeah found the SMPTE preference but this just changes the little counter in the upper left of the timeline. I am refering to also include it in the actual timeline, same place where you can set up your playback and render workareas.

OK yeah I am on a mac and it does have the framerate info in the lower right hand corner. Thanks for pointing that out
myles

Post by myles »

Hmm, it also puts SMPTE values (seconds markers) on the timeline in Windows - this is the first I've heard of it being different for Macs.

Regards, Myles.
-- Groucho Marx
nama_rupa

Post by nama_rupa »

myles wrote:Hmm, it also puts SMPTE values (seconds markers) on the timeline in Windows - this is the first I've heard of it being different for Macs.

Regards, Myles.

ROFLMAO I must be smoking crack not to see that. Damn. I guess working 16 hour days cramping to meet a deadline will make you miss the obvious. Well thanks for pointing that out again :lol:
myles

Post by myles »

No worries.

I like your label sections suggestion - I think somebody else requested something similar a while back, along with the ability to jump to the next/previous marker.

Hmm, the "list keyframes for this layer" feature sounds as if it might possibly be scriptable, if it can attract the attention of a scriptig guru. You might try posting a request on the scripting forum.

Regards, Myles.
-- Groucho Marx
7feet

Post by 7feet »

As far as the "list keyframes" bit, how would you like it displayed? If a text output for each channel, with a list of frame numbers with keyframes would be cool, that's not so hard. To the lua console window or a file. If you want all the values as well, it's a good bit more raw typing (the part I kinda hate) but still pretty straightforward. But it really depends on what you need. I've spent a fair amount of time tracking down stray keyframes, so that might be a reasonable thing to make. I'm not using Moho in a production environment at the moment, but I might have an actual (*gulp*) job using a combo of Moho and stop motion for a feature(only 5 minutes of it, but still), and ham handed as I am when I get tired...

If you'll describe what and how you want the info shown, I may well have a crack at it.