Mac or Windows version? Use to be able to have both...

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Mac or Windows version? Use to be able to have both...

Post by heyvern »

In the past I was able to run Moho either on Mac or Windows with the same number.

Now we obviously only can pick one version...

Uh... hmm...

Is this the case? Should I just be happy I got the one version?

Actually... not so bad... I got this upgrade for free... so.. I guess I could buy a Windows version later...

Could I get another version at the discount upgrade rate later?

... or maybe I should get the PC version for free and buy the Mac version later... I don't have Tiger installed yet.

Oh man! I hate these tough decisions.... errgh.

-vern
Fazek

Post by Fazek »

That would be an important question if you are developing some scripts for the public. I am using Linux so I still waiting for my upgrade. With Moho, to handle some scripting problems, I installed a demo version on a Windows machine to see what is the difference and how my software is working on the other system. Now I won't be able to do this, instead I will ask the people to report errors...

Is the downloadable demo wrong? I think it helps to sell the product...
- - - Fazek
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Anime Studio will work on Panther, although Tiger is recommended. I'm waiting for Leopard to come out, so I have the newest OS.

Anyway, although you could use Moho 5.3 and earlier on several machines, the user licence clearly stated that this was not allowed. I'm sure with the new licencing system, this is more formalized.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Anyway, although you could use Moho 5.3 and earlier on several machines, the user licence clearly stated that this was not allowed.
Good to know!

I was not aware of this. Phew. I kind of thought so anyway and only was using the demo on the PC till someone here mentioned you could use the same serial number.

I just assumed my number was Mac only (other apps do this, Macromedia for instance).

I don't feel so bad anymore. I just got the AS Win upgrade. I will buy an update for Mac when I really must have it.

I still have Moho on the Mac so I can use that in a pinch and just transfer it.

Shoot... I can still do a ton of stuff in Moho... and "tweak" in AS on the PC.

;)

-vern
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

I don't care for the one OS choice myself. But the good and strange thing is that the new version isn't even a upgrade. Even though it's now v5.5 for what ever reason. It's just a new name and extra bloated content. Which some may like but I prefer my own original stuff.

That and I just might blow of my project called MoRen for a couple of reasons now.

Thanks for the "free upgrade" but I'll stick with Moho unless there are some really nice features (not content) added to AnimeStudio.