Stereo (red/blue) rendering question...

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

wmartinez

Stereo (red/blue) rendering question...

Post by wmartinez »

Hi All.
I was trying to render in stereo (red/blue). I own very simple glasses (red/blue) that came with the Harold Lloyd DVD set.

The problem is that the blue image is much light blue, and the red is vivid RED! :shock: That is, when I use the glasses, the blue image disappears in the blue lens, but the red is still visible in the red one, causing a phantom image. :?

First, I thought that probably I would need to callibrate my monitor, but looking at the bright, solid red, I don't think it will be of much help.

Any idea of what is going on, or if there is any setting I can use to soften the redish side?

Thanks.

Will.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

The red in anaglyph 3D... is... well... red.

There is only one red that works. It is RGB red... that's as red as it gets.

I have found there is always a... phantom image. It depends on the severity of the 3D effect. No way to avoid it actuallly.

I have found the only easy way to adjust this was to do my own anaglyph conversion in a paint program.

If you adjust the levels... make the red image... washed out slightly... you can cut down a tad on the phantom image but never get rid of it entirely.

Depending on what is in your 3D image the ghosting isn't as noticeble.

I have a stereo camera and would scan in photographs and convert to anaglyph... a photo is a lot "busier" so the ghosting is practically invisible. it is hidden by all the detail in the image.

The more severe the 3D effect... more separation of the red and blue... the more chance of seeing the phantom image.

-vern