Soundtrack in timeline and bones in a Switch layer

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

magadeya

Soundtrack in timeline and bones in a Switch layer

Post by magadeya »

Hello, again!

Sorry, but now I have two problems:

[b]1st. Audio problem:[/b]... it starts from the beginning of the timeline and I want it in frame 78... I don't know how to do this, I tried with switch layer but it doesn't works. And I need to import more audio files!

[b]2nd. Different bones in a Switch layer:[/b] I drew an angel and I need he moves his right arm, so I drew three different arms, but I want each has their own bones, because they're in different positions... Is it possible each one had their own bones in a switch layer?

If someone know how to fix these problem, I'll appreciate the answers!

D'ya

Sorry about my english! :oops:
Genete

Post by Genete »

Hello magadeya!,
I can answer second question only and partially first.

As far as I know you can only have one sound track in your project. If you want more you should put with another video editor. About the position of soundtrak I dont have experience with them for the moment. All my tries have been without sound. Perhaps you can ad a silence in your soundtrack for the seconds that you want with an audio editor.

For the second question. Of course! You can have as many bones structures in a switch layer as you want. You have only to create them as they where a new structure. After bind to the root layer properly and that's all.
Check out my post in Tips and Technicques
http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6374

I hope it helps!!
Regards
Genete
magadeya

Post by magadeya »

Thank you, Genete, it really helped me!

I wonder how easy can work this!... maybe the audio problem is not so difficult as we think... but, I'll try your way :?

Thank you for your valious information!:wink:

Sorry, my english is so bad that sometimes I think I create some words... lol... or I use them bad... sure it is... :D
D'ya
Genete

Post by Genete »

You are welcomed!!!
CartoonM!ke

Post by CartoonM!ke »

I'm in the same postion as you are, magadeya. Here's what's working for me...

First off, I have a storyboard of my action, broken down into keyframes, so I "know" just how long the animation's going to be. Next, I work out a script, so I have basic action, dialogue and sound effects down. Next I record the vocal tracks (I'm doing all the voices my self, thank-you GarageBand!!) and assemble the sound-effects (either from my collection of sound fx or I'll just have to create the sounds my self). Next, in my audio editor (SoundTrack, part of FinalCut Express) I put together the indivdual storyboard illustrations and place the vocals/sound fx on their own tracks. Next I tweak the duration of individual storyboard illustrations and sounds so that actions have a good beat to them and match up with the sound. I save the project when I'm happy with it. Next I export the soundtrack as a AIFF file (the mac equivelent to WAV files). The thing about this soundtrack, is that it's a working one. Meaning that it's as long as my animation, has no final music, but has all the vocals and sound FX that the finished version will have. So once I'm finished with the animation in AS, I just export as a quicktime movie and then import that file into Final Cut for final editing.

The key here is how Animation is done in Professional studios. It's usually script, then vocals, then storyboards for preproduction. Animation is Production and mixing sound and editing is Post-Production.

I have a silence track that is the length of my animation, so I can make copies of each individual cast member. That way Papagayo can process each cast member individually and I can import the correct dat file into the mouth switch layer for lip synching.

There may be better ways, but I don't know them.

Hope this helps out a bit. And your english is pretty darn good! :D
magadeya

Post by magadeya »

Thank you, CartoonM!ke...

You're right!... I was forgetting an important
step of the professional animation (maybe because
this is the first time I'm trying to do a professional
animation... lol)...

Actually, I was thinking in something like you said...
I have the storyboard too and it can help me
to assemble all sounds before import them to AS...
And... well... the silent track can help me, too.

And, of course, make the edition later in
After Effects... or another program.

I hope we found a correct way to do this in AS...
someday... lol... maybe. :lol:
D'ya
j0llyr0ger

Post by j0llyr0ger »

audacity is a great FREE, open source audio editor available from http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

It's very easy to open a sound file, position the cursor at the point you need some time anb click Generate -> Silence then enter the number of seconds of silence you want in the pop up and the silence is inserted.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

nadie ha hablado del script que hizo el bueno de 7feet?
http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5091

ahí tiene, mezcla de sonido. no la mejor manera, pero está buena.
saludos.

excuse me, but i can't avoid talk in spanish!
well, this is the link to the 7feet's sound mix script. the rest of the message is secret...
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

selgin wrote: the rest of the message is secret...
Not when you have Babelfish translator online:

"there it has, sound mixture. not it better way, but is good. greetings" and "nobody has spoken of script that did the good one of 7feet"

Not perfect translations but good enough to get the point across. ;)
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

atención hispanoparlantes!
descubrieron nuestro secreto, jo'er!
CartoonM!ke

Post by CartoonM!ke »

Yes, your secrets are exposed. Especially when one has a dashboard widget that can translate from many languages to engish.

Let see how the translation works:

Sí, se exponen sus secretos. Especialmente cuando uno tiene un widget del tablero de instrumentos que pueda traducir de muchos lenguajes al engish.

Bwwahh hah hah!!

Well played, Selgin. Well played. :lol: