Consistent Crash: export to Flash, no extras, since Moho

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mooncaine

Consistent Crash: export to Flash, no extras, since Moho

Post by mooncaine »

I still get the same maddening, puzzling crash, seemingly at random, but more often than random:

I have a 777 frame animation with a WAV, 16-bit, 44.1kHz soundtrack, and two stationary characters. Only the Switch layer in each char is animated, using a file exported from Papagayo.

I already saw a tip here about crashes during audio export, and following that tip, I put an MP3 version of the same WAV in the same folder as the WAV. I thought that helped the crashes, but obviously not.

More often than not [WAY more often], Anime Studio Pro crashes during Flash export. Sometimes, it works, and I can't tell why. I've tried renaming files, tried different soundtracks, and I tried renaming the second char's Switch layer to "Mouth 2", in case the 2 layers with identical names caused probs.

I've unchecked all the boxes in the Flash export dialog.

Using ASP 5.5, Build 20060829, downloaded & registered yesterday.

Mac OSX 10.4.8.

Any tips or suggestions? Is this perhaps a known problem? It's been happening to me on those rare occasions when I used Moho, and since the change to ASP, the same crash is still happening.
cribble

Post by cribble »

See what i wrote in the general disussion topic.

I do think this is a serious bug that needs attention, as i hate the awkward workaround at the moment.
--Scott
cribble.net