copying between two moho programs

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jahnocli

copying between two moho programs

Post by jahnocli »

As you can have two Moho programs open at the same time, it would be great if you could easily transfer information between them. I'm thinking of the Layers in Photoshop, where you can easily copy a layer from one file into another. Failing that, simple cut and paste. Or am I missing something?

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
7feet

Post by 7feet »

There have been plenty pf times when I've had 2 or 3 instances of Moho running at once, usually so I can test out things I suspect may go horribly wrong without compoimising my main project. If I get something I'm happy with, a quick save of the file from one instance and FIle>Import>MohoObject on another lets you pull the pieces you want into another file. Only takes a few seconds. Not so easy as a dedicated "send this over there" button, but it still takes less time than it takes for photoshop to boot.

--Brian
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Thanks for replying. I know enough about Moho to know there are ways around this, but it would be a good idea nevertheless. A related idea would be the ability to copy like this into Actions -- it can be awkward to develop these internally all the time, often having to repeat stuff. And that ain't fun. And it should BE fun, dammit!!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
cribble

Post by cribble »

Actually, this has sprung an idea. How about being able to copy objects from Illustrator or Photoshop and copy them into MoHo's environment. Depending on what type of graphic(s) they are.
--Scott
cribble.net