AS/Papagayo audio problems - Mac computer - Need help

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

danh

AS/Papagayo audio problems - Mac computer - Need help

Post by danh »

I just got AS 5.0 a few weeks ago. I have a Mac OS 10.4.8, Intel Core Duo, Quicktime 7.1.3. I've had 3 problems: (1) I tried using Papagayo and used uncompressed WAV files and successfully got the thing lip-synced. And it was saved in dat format. However, when I go back into AS 5.0, the Mac will not let me access the file created in Papagayo. It's in a gray area, and the file is in a Text Edit format. (2) When I imported a file without Pagayo and used AS 5.0, I got a poorer version of the audio that was imported. The original MPEG and converted WAV files don't have the "popping" sounds that are now present in AS 5.0, and (3) Has anyone ever found a way to cut, edit, or move audio files in AS 5.0 with a Mac?

Thanks,
DH
artfx

Post by artfx »

I think someone has written a script that lets you change the start frame of the audio file. as for the other issues. you might consider using Quicktime to convert your audio files to a more Mac friendly format like mp3 or AAC.

I have been using Papagayo on my Intel Mac without problems, but I haven't tried WAV files.
----
Terrence Walker
Studio ArtFX
LEARN HOW TO Make YOur Own Animated Film!
Get Video Training to Show You How!
danh

Post by danh »

:? The second problem (sound quality) went away once the file was exported to IMovie, so it must happen only during the AS editing process.

The Papagayo exporting problem is still there. I actually tried using sound efffects and dialogue in other formats (i.e. MP3), but they wouldn't work. My Mac wouldn't let me access them. The support people for AS 5.0 told me that I had to use uncompressed WAV files. And they have worked for the things I have finished so far as long as I don't use Papagayo. One good tip I received from the forum was the free sound editing Audacity software. It worked very well for me. I had to build in pauses in between dialogue and sound effects, but it worked. I did have to break one segment into three because of the audio limitations in AS 5.0. And I haven't done multiple voices yet. That is going to be a challenge without Papagayo.

DH
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

BTW If you use Garageband 3 (part of the iLife '06 suite), you can edit your movie much easier. You have a multi-track recording studio and a movie track as well. Simply put your animation in the Movies folder, start Garageband with a movie project, and drag the animation into the movie track. You can then import the voices, sound effects, background music, etc., each in its own track and synchronize your sound that way.

Once you have your soundtrack, throw away the movie clip, save the project and export to AIFF (through iTunes, IIRC). Then import that soundtrack into AS, and presto. If your animation consists of several AS files, use Audacity to chop the sound track up into appropriate sound bits.
FrozenDelight

Post by FrozenDelight »

I can see that this is an extremely old post, but I'll reply to it anyway.

If your Papagayo file isn't working in Anime Studio, just go to the file, and add the .dat extension to it's name. Papagayo often seems to forget to add it, maybe it's only a Mac issue.