copy paste keyframes anywhere

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

multicereal

copy paste keyframes anywhere

Post by multicereal »

hi,

i'm quiet new to anime studio. i was wondering if there's a way to copy keyframes between timelines? maybe there's already a script outthere somewhere or else i may try some things with lua myself.

another thing i'd like to do is to duplicate actions, to be able to make slightly different actions. i found a way for this but it "ain't a beauty!" :)
what i do right now is:
- create a first action (A)
- create an empty action (B)
- save and close the file
- open the .anme file in notepad or any other editor, apparently it's not encoded
- find all keyframes for action A and paste them in action B
- save and open in AS again

but there must be a lua solution, not?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

If the action is for the same layer you can create a new action and right click the other action and load a copy. This will basically copy the action.

I did the same thing myself. I had no idea how to copy actions and ended up using a text editor.

-vern
Genete

Post by Genete »

Remember also that you can copy the mainline keyframes into an action in the same way heyvern have said to you. So when you are making a new action you can reuse the already created actions (an the mainline) just click in the action name and inserting a copy of it in the place where the cursor is meanwhile you're editing the new action.
multicereal

Post by multicereal »

tnx for the advise, i'll try it out as soon as i get the chance!
multicereal

Post by multicereal »

tnx again, i tried it out it's just what i wanted