Rolling a layer in consonance of his movement

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rai López

Rolling a layer in consonance of his movement

Post by Rai López »

It'll be nice a script that roll a selected layer in consonance of his movement (or movement of a group that contain it) for that you can animate a car (i.e.) only moving the car group, and his wheels rolls automatically according with the velocity and distance... It'll be a dream (also), I think...
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

Sure would be good, and it shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish, but ofcourse - I've never used Lua-script.

What would be great was if you cound select each layer inside a grouplayer and choose how this layer should be effected by grouplayer changing. That wasn't any good formulation, was it?

I'll try to put up a situation instead. If you have four layers in a group layer, and each layer contains, to make it easy, a simple square. The grouplayer value, which we to make it easy to understand just call "blah", is changed to 360. If we now change the layer properties of all the different sub-layers so they get effected in different ways. One layer rotates vertically 360 degrees, another layer moves horizontely 360 pixels left/right, another layer rotates 360 degrees, and the last layer shears itself vertically 360 (degrees?).

Just like when you, by using numbers, move/rotate/shear/scale a layer.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. I'm not sure if you can accomplish this by using script, so it's to the lua-masters to decide if they want to give it a try.