vector optimizing math/logic?

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

prabhat

Post by prabhat »

Hi,

I tried 7feet's Point Reduction code. Works nice. BUT when I try on a 3D model converted to AI, this tends to delete some "faces". And there is a 'pattern' to this deletion. So I think it's programmable to avoid face deletion.

( How do I upload an AI file alongwith this message for others to check? Need some suggestion.)

Regards

Prabhat MOHANTY
7feet

Post by 7feet »

I've been meaning to work on that script, never been entirely happy with it, but I suspect I know what's happening. I mostly had problems with 3D to AI files myself, and often because seemingly connected lines could be small, unconnected (as far as Moho is concerned) line segments. I think in my last revision, a little while ago now, I did something dumb that made the "don't pick consecutive points" bit conflict with the rest of the script, as well as maybe not detecting endpoints properly when the scan goes from one line segment to another. Aw, hell, it was one of my first scripting efforts, and I'm sure there's some wonky logic in there. Anyone else want's to give it a run-through, do it! I might have a little break from the continuous work-sleep-work-sleep (what, sleep?) cycle of the last few months soonto look at it (and maybe even do some animation), but I can't make any guarantees.

Uh oh, cat approaching the keyboard. Over and out.

--Brian