Flash series turned ASP!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Johnny

Flash series turned ASP!

Post by Johnny »

Greetings all,

Just wanted to drop in and say hey to all my fellow ASP animators out there.

We just got the program and we're revamping a series that was previously done in flash.

It's amazing how much easier it is to animate in ASP!

Anyway, I guess I just wanted to drop by, say hey, and we'll hopefully be posting Work In Progress as things get converted, slowly but surely.

-Johnny
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

welcome!
this forum is one of the amazing features of AS. believe me.
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Thanks Selgin!

To be honest, I was QUITE disappointed with the boards on e-frontier's site.

You'd think a program like this would have an entire cult of users!

I'm still hard pressed to find many completed projects anywhere on YouTube - just lots of :02 - :30 tests.

And there's no standard way to find anything, as everyone calls it something different (Moho and ASP and everything in-between!).

I'll be cruising the Share your work forum ;)

-Johnny
Samb

Post by Samb »

oh my god! unforgotten realms is just hilarious :D
I think, thats the series you will now do with AS?
if so: can't wait! :)
sour_jax

Post by sour_jax »

I just watch some of the stuff from your site. Oh man I can't wait to see more!!!
The best things in life are free! Salvation, being the greatest!

Visit http://www.handbookforlife.com
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Hehe! Thanks guys!

I can neither confirm nor deny what flash series Witty Wizard is switching over to ASP... until it's done, of course! ;)

We were trying to get in contact with e-frontier about getting featured, but alas, after weeks of e-mails on our end - not a word from them. Oh well, their loss, right?

ASP is just awesome. The After Effects "puppet" animation has nothing on these vector tools!! But we do miss the "painted on" look we got from Flash.

Anyone have any brush resources out there for ASP?

-Johnny
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Nope, at least not publically available. I build my brushes myself, quick work in Photoshop. It's really easy, just experiment a bit. All brushes are 8bit grayscale PNGs. Place in folder, restart AS, use. The brush settings are worth to play with.

It should be possible to extract the Photoshop brushes and put them into AS, although they don't fit my taste.

An idea just comes to mind: Has anyone tried to create a blotchy "streak" and use it in AS in a way that the stroke forms a kind of gradient around a shape?
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

slowtiger wrote: Nope, at least not publically available. I build my brushes myself, quick work in Photoshop. It's really easy, just experiment a bit. All brushes are 8bit grayscale PNGs. Place in folder, restart AS, use. The brush settings are worth to play with.
Thanks slowtiger! This is excellent info!!
slowtiger wrote: An idea just comes to mind: Has anyone tried to create a blotchy "streak" and use it in AS in a way that the stroke forms a kind of gradient around a shape?
Now to try it out! ;)

-Johnny
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

slowtiger wrote:Place in folder, restart AS, use. The brush settings are worth to play with.
or just place in the folder and press control+F5
superanimatrix

Post by superanimatrix »

Johnny wrote:Hehe! Thanks guys!

I can neither confirm nor deny what flash series Witty Wizard is switching over to ASP... until it's done, of course! ;)

We were trying to get in contact with e-frontier about getting featured, but alas, after weeks of e-mails on our end - not a word from them. Oh well, their loss, right?

ASP is just awesome. The After Effects "puppet" animation has nothing on these vector tools!! But we do miss the "painted on" look we got from Flash.

-Johnny
Yeah, that's one thing i have been talking about around here is flash has that painted on look that I fell so deep in love with but for some strange reason GreyKid Pictures animations has that look even though they say they only draw in AS. Pretty strange huh?
macaye

Post by macaye »

superanimatrix wrote:
Yeah, that's one thing i have been talking about around here is flash has that painted on look that I fell so deep in love with but for some strange reason GreyKid Pictures animations has that look even though they say they only draw in AS. Pretty strange huh?

could you explain what the 'painted on' look is?
- or maybe show an example?

ta

Mac
macaye

Post by macaye »

macaye wrote:

ta

Mac
doesn't matter - I read the 'drawing' thread!

M
superanimatrix

Post by superanimatrix »

macaye wrote:
superanimatrix wrote:

ta

Mac
Maybe I am useing the wrong words b ut look a this picture. See how it has that nice warm glow and perfect lines, etc...?